October 02, 2016

Reverse Confetti - Retro Sketches #234 & Simon Says Stamp - Birthday Wishes


Happy World Cardmaking Day stampin' friends! I'm popping by to share my Reverse Confetti card I made for a special little guy, my nephew, Conor! He turned one and I had to make him a special birthday card to celebrate the big day! I knew I wanted to colour up this adorable elephant from the Reverse Confetti Coffee and You Stamp. I substituted the coffee cup that the elephant juggles on the end of his trunk for a stack of birthday cupcakes from the Reverse Confetti Lift Me Up Stamp set.





I'm also entering it in the Retro Sketches Challenge # 234 - This is a fun challenge to use any previous RS sketch....



....So this is my take on Retro Sketches # 197 

 photo RCBirthdayWishesD_edited-RS4_zpsmw9we2nq.jpg

I subbed out the fancy frame on the Retro Sketches # 197 for the Reverse Confetti Gift Card Holder Tag that I cut from Kraft Cardstock and stenciled with the NEW RC Lotsa Dots Stencil with Tim Hotlz Twisted Citron Distress ink. I used the Reverse Confetti Circle Sentiments, Scalloped Circle Confetti Cuts, Detailed Circle Confetti Cuts and layered it over a stitched fishtail banner cut from Primitive White Heavyweight Cardstock. 

 photo RCBirthdayWishesB_edited-RS2_zps1drnipke.jpg

I absolutely love the All Framed Up Confetti Cuts and couldn't resist adding the large stitched frame to this card cut from Primitive White Heavyweight Cardstock...I popped it up with foam tape, layered over the fun green polka dot paper from the NEW Reverse Confetti Fright Night 6X6 paper pad. I coloured the sweet little elephant from the Coffee and You Stamp set and coloured up the cupcakes from the You Lift Me Up Stamp set, fussy cut them and popped him up on the tag. I finished off the card with a sprinkling of Navy Blue YNS Gumdrops and tied the Tag with some Blue AC Hemp Cord. 

Thanks SO much for stoppin' by and havin' a wee peek at my Reverse Confetti birthday card for the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes and Retro Sketches #234!




2 comments:

Caryn said...

Such a wonderful and fun-filled card - love it.
Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

This is such an adorable card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails