November 06, 2015

Share Handmade Kindness Challenge, CTD # 367 and CTS # 148 ...Thanks


Hey stampin' friends! I have a special Reverse Confetti thank you card that I made for a very special friend who is always there for me. I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's NEW Share Handmade Kindness Challenge to make a thank you card for her. I also found inspiration for this card at the Color Throwdown # 367 and CAS(E) This Sketch # 148.    


#sharehandmadekindness


I used MFT Heavyweight Card Stock in Primitive White, Bubblegum Pink and Jellybean Green. I also used Recollections Gold glitter corrugated card stock.  

  
This is the FUN sketch that I used as a jumping off point for this card. The tag element really inspired me to use my Reverse Confetti Thanks Tag Confetti Cuts.
  I just had to add a few extras layers and embellies ;) so my card isn't very CAS....sorry!

 photo CTD367CYS148D_edited-RS4_zpsjxjep494.jpg

I used the fabulous Reverse Confetti Thanks Tag Confetti Cuts for my card. I cut it twice once from Bubblegum Pink Card Stock and then from Gold Glittered Corrugated Card Stock and layered it so the bottom scalloped edge of the tag is Gold Glittered Corrugated Card Stock. I cut the smaller panel from the Thanks Tag Confetti Cuts from Primitive White Heavyweight Card Stock that I had embossed with the Woodgrain Confetti Cuts. I cut the word "thanks" from Primitive White Heavyweight Card Stock a couple of times and once from the Gold Glittered Card Stock and stacked them to add a little dimension. 

 photo CTD367CTS148E_edited-RS5_zpsupa5ardw.jpg

I stamped some flowers with the Petals 'N Posies Stamp set with Bubblegum Pink, Jellybean Green and Mix'd Media Inx in Vintage,  a pretty gold ink and cut them out with the coordinating Petals 'N Posies Confetti Cuts.  I used the Color Me Happy stamp set and stamped the paint swatches, splotches and splatters on the back panel of the card with the Mix'd Media Inx in Vintage.  I embellished with YNS Gold Gumdrops and tie the tag with Hemp cord.

 photo CTD367CTS148C_edited-RS3_zps74zfvqbm.jpg

I finished off the inside of my card...I stamped more splotches, splatters and swatches of Vintage Mix'd Media Inx on the Primitive White Card Stock and added another Thanks Tag this time I stamped a sentiment from the Posted Note Sentiments Stamp set in Jellybean Green Premium Dye Ink.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a little look at the Share Handmade Kindness card with inspiration from the Color Throwdown # 367 and CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge # 148




6 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

SOOOO gorgeous, Tara! I love the pretty colors, you flower cluster, and all the gold sparkle!

Rosemary said...

absolutely amazing!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Tara, this is gorgeous!!! You totally rocked the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Mimi said...

I am just calling you the winner. What a fabulous card-- you clearly had fun with this, and your enjoyment shows!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty and fun! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Jodi Collins said...

This is just pure, layered, perfection! LOVE every bit of this! MISS YOU!! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails