March 10, 2014

My Favorite Things Stamps...WSC # 166 & Color Throwdown # 282...Hello!


Hello stampin' friends! I'm SO ready for Spring but woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning so I don't think it will be Spring around here anytime soon. I made some time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge # 166. I went looking for colour inspiration to go with the great MFTWSC166 sketch and found this beautiful spring colour combo over at the Color Throwdown # 282...just making it in under the deadline.

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-166/

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-166/

Here is the great sketch that I used!

http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.ca/2014/03/color-throwdown-282.html

I LOVE how this colour combo turned out...I used MFT Replenishments Heavyweight Card Stock
Sweet Tooth, Lemon Drop, Wild Cherry and Sour Apple

 photo MFTWSC166B_edited-1RS2_zps705b4398.jpg

For my card I started by stamping the Woodgrain Background Stamp on Sweet Tooth Heavyweight Card Stock with Natural Premium Dye Ink and then stamped Wild Cherry Heavyweight Card Stock with the flower background stamp from the LJD Spring Background Stamp set with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and embossed it with Zing White Embossing powder. I used the Circle STAX and Pierced Circle STAX to cut the Lemon Drop and Wild Cherry Heavyweight Card Stock. I made a few flowers using the little Posies Die-nmaics in Blueprints 12 and the Pretty Posies Die-namics. I added Lemon Drop Buttons tied with Hemp Cord to the centers of the posies. 

 photo MFTWSC166D_edited-1RS4a_zps25f7877a.jpg

I coloured up this sweet Pure Innocence Wish You Were Here girl with my Copics, cut her out and popped her up on the banner.  I cut a fishtail flag with the Fishtail Layers STAX from Lemon Drop Heavyweight Card Stock and stamped the sentiment from the Pure Innocence It's A Sign Stamp set with MFT Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink and embossed it with Zing White Embossing Powder.

 photo MFTWSC166E_edited-1RS5_zps584af9a8.jpg

I finished the inside...I used several elements from Blueprints 12 here and I stamped and embossed a sentiment from the Pure Innocence Wish You Were Here Stamp set.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and havin' a wee peek at my card for the MFTWSC166 and CTD282!



   

13 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow! love how you used those colors. this is soooo incredibly cute. so many details and so much pretty! great card, Tara.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMgosh this is so cute!

Tracey said...

Loving the colours!! What a happy card!! xx

Welcome! said...

ACK! LOVE everything about this card Tara! Awesome!
Hugs, Krista xo

Welcome! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia Barber said...

I just LOVE your card. Super bright and perfect for the sketch! So much detail that I just love!

Sara I. said...

Total gorgeousness !! Love the papers, the flower/button combo and how you cut that cutie off her bench!! Saw it on Pinterest and had to stop by here to tell you how much I love this!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Tara, that is WAY too stinkin' cute and your coloring is over the top! I love it! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! Tara..glad you joined us at CTD!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Tara inside and out! Love how you colored the sweet image and those little flowers are the sweetest! Thanks for joining along with MFT!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!This is so adorable! I love it and those bright colors just pop! Fabulous creation as always!

Ella's Design said...

What a lovely sunny card, Tara! Beautifully finished and fab layout, as you always do! Hugs, Lisa x

Becky (Cards by Becky) said...

Ahhh-dorable!

Beautiful color selection...I love the bright yellow for spring...perfection!

xx Becky

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails