May 14, 2013

My Favorite Things Stamps...May Release Rewind...MPD - Dandelion Wishes/Dandelion Stems and Toppers


 photo MFTMayRewindB_edited-1RS2_zps24c7e664.jpg

Hello Stampin' friends!  Welcome to Day 2 of the MFT May Release Rewind! Today I am featuring the  NEW Mona Pendleton Designs - Dandelion Wishes,  the NEW Dandelion Stems and Toppers and the NEW Mona Pendleton Designs - Distressed Background Blocks from the May release that are AVAILABLE NOW in the MFT Boutique!




I made a 12x12 layout and I used this May PageMaps sketch...although I deviated quite a bit and I'm not sure it resembles the sketch now but it was a great starting off point!

 photo MFTMayRewindI_edited-1RS10_zps385656ee.jpg

So this is my first attempt at a little "Mixed Media"...I just stuck my baby toe in to test the water and I really enjoyed it, of course MFT made it SO easy with Mona's New line and the fun NEW Stencil.  I'm quite happy with how my page turned out too! I used these pretty Bo Bunny Prairie Chic 12x12 papers. The photo is one of my faves of my daughter Hannah while camping at Balsam Lake Provincial Park while hiking the Plantation Trail. I printed the 5X7 in Black and White and matted it on MFT Whip Cream Heavyweight Card Stock.

 photo MFTMayRewindC_edited-1RS3_zps9b8bcee9.jpg

I used the NEW Mini Chicken Wire Stencil and Light Modeling Paste to add some dimension and texture here and there. After the modeling paste dried I thought it need a little extra something so I pulled out my Metallic Rub-ons that I've had in my stash for ever...I used the Yellow Gold and rubbed it over the dried Light Modeling Paste...it was the perfect little addition! I also stamped the sentiment from the NEW Laina Lamb Design - Document It - Right on Target Stamp set, stamped on pattern paper cut with the Bracket Tab Die-namics with the NEW Steel Blue Premium Dye Ink and tucked it under the edge of the photo.

 photo MFTMayRewindF_edited-1RS6_zpsec915ede.jpg

Here you can see the texture with the Light Modeling Paste applied over the NEW Mini Chicken Wire Stencil. I also added a few corrugated cardboard butterflies cut with the Butterflies Die-namics and painted with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fence. I also added a little Yellow Gold Metallic Rub-ons to the butterflies and randomly around the page.  The butterflies were embellished with Pink lemonade Buttons tied with Hemp Cord. 

 photo MFTMayRewindD_edited-1RS4_zps068859cd.jpg

I cut the NEW Dandelion Stems and Toppers Die-namics from Linen paper and stamped the NEW Mona Pendleton Designs - Dandelion Wishes with Lemon Drop and Kraft Premium Dye Ink and stamped the stems with Factory Green and Gumdrop Green Premium Dye Ink.  The Linen dandelions are layered over a Dainty Doily from the Dainty Doily Duo Die-namics cut from Whip Cream Heavyweight Card Stock. I cut a tag with the Traditional Tag STAX Die-namics and stamped a sentiment from the NEW Mona Pendleton Designs - Dandelion Wishes with the NEW Steel Blue Premium Dye Ink and tied it with Hemp Cord bow.

 photo MFTMayRewindK_edited-1RS12_zps6ac40c45.jpg

 I also cut the largest Dotted Scallop Border with the NEW Dotted Scallop Border Trio from Linen paper.

 photo MFTMayRewindE_edited-1RS5_zps264e915e.jpg

I added yet another sweet sentiments from the NEW Mona Pendleton Designs - Dandelion Wishes and cut it out with the Fishtail Flags and Fishtail Layers STAX Die-namics. I also used the  NEW Mona Pendleton Designs - Distressed Background Blocks with Kraft Premium Dye Ink. I didn't adhere the distressed hexagon Stamp to an acrylic block. I just inked it up and held it in my hand and randomly stamped with it around the page.  I used the Notebook Edge Die-namics to cut the edge of the pattern paper.

Thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my 12X12 page featuring the NEW Mona Pendleton Designs - Dandelion Wishes,  Mona Pendleton Designs - Distressed Background Blocks and the coordinating Dandelion Stems and Toppers Die-namics. Take a few minutes and pop on over to Kim's blog for links to all the MFT Designers joining the May MFT Release Rewind and then stop by the MFT Boutique to check out all the NEW Stamps and Die-namics that are NOW AVAILABLE!

Happy Stampin'!
Hugs,

 

SUPPLIES:
 



11 comments:

Laureen said...

Wow beautiful layout! You did a FAB job putting your foot in the mixed media!

Tracey said...

Your page is absolutely stunning Tara!! Wow! xx

Heather Rogers said...

What a gorgeous LO! I love the soft colors and darling photo of your daughter. You did a fabulous job with the mixed media, I think you could stick a few more toes on the water. ;)

Hugs~

Welcome! said...

Wow Tara, this is STUNNING! Forget about your toes, you need to just jump right in!!! And that pic of Hannah is absolutely adorable!

g said...

just amazing- i think you should submit it for pub- it's so so gorgeous & inspiring! what a fabulous page!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

ooooooh is this gorgeous or what tara!!! i love the whole desin... so many beautiful layers and i love the hexagonal stamp :)

Alina said...

Tara, it's breathtaking! lovely photo of your daughter!

Lisa Lynn said...

Tara, that layout is INCREDIBLE! What more can I say.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful layout. Love all the gorgeous details.

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP! Look at your page, brilliant work!

Glittered Roses said...

I just want to say how beautiful your layout is, I found the picture while searching the internet and kept searching until I found your blog. With such inspiration, I gathered what I could and followed you visual lead. Thanks for your sharing your talent. My blog is http://glitteredroses.com/ and will link back to give proper credit. Thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails