November 20, 2012

My Favorite Things...MFTSCRAP2...Hawk's Nest Bay!


Photobucket

Hello Stampin' and Scrappin' friends! We're SO glad that you loved the NEW Monthly My Favorite Things Scrap Sketch and we loved seeing all your great pages with last month's sketch! We are back again this month with another fabulous sketch and we've also provided a Project Life version of the sketch for you to use!
 
There will be a random draw from all the participants who upload their Scrap and or PL Samples to SCS using the keyword this month is MFTSCRAP2.  Two winners will be chosen each month and the winners will receive a $15 gift voucher.  If the winner has used MFT stamps, they will receive $5 bonus bucks, for a total of $20. We really look forward to seeing your scrapbooking pages and PL pages using your MFT Stamps and Die-namics. You have until noon Wednesday, December 19 to play along . So, are you feeling Scrappy!? Then GET SKETCHY with MFT this month!



Here is the fabulous sketch that we have this month for you to use!

Photobucket

I took the opportunity to scrap some pics of our recent cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. This double paged layout is of our excursion on Day 4 of our cruise. Our Port of Call was St. Thomas USVI and since we have been to St. Thomas before we decided to take a boat tour to St. John USVI.  After the boat tour from St. Thomas to St. John we were able to spend a few hours at a beautiful beach at Hawk's Nest Bay. It was just like a little piece of paradise and we practically had it all to ourselves. We had a wonderful time soaking up the sun and the kids loved jumping the huge waves and swimming in the ocean! Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pics of the huge waves. For my layout I used Teresa Collins Tell your Story 12X12 papers.  I used the NEW Journal it - Calendar Basics and NEW Document it - Days and Dates and the Insert it - 3X4 Insert Die-namics. 

 Photobucket

I created my title using the High-Rise Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Die-namics and I also used some of the letters and numbers from the Accent it - Calendar Components and Story Starters.

 Photobucket

I added a few MFT Tangy Orange and Blue Raspberry buttons tied with Hemp cord here and there to embellish and cut a few small butterflies with the Butterflies Die-namics and Notched Tag Die-namics.

Photobucket

Here is the second page of the double spreed. I flipped the sketch to accommodate the pictures that I had and to change things up a bit. I also added a few little sentiments from three PI stamp sets and stamped them on pattern paper cut with the Sentiment Strips Die-namics.

Photobucket

I used the Insert it - 3X4 Insert Die-namics and the Journal It - Top 10 and the Accent it - Flags and Tags and Howdy Die-namics.

Photobucket

Here is a close up of a little embellishment that I made using the First Class Friend Stamps and Die-namics, the Accent it - Tags and Flags, and my Circle STAX Die-namics.

Photobucket

Here I used the Jumbo Fishtail Banner Die-namics, the Accent it Flags and Tags Die-namics and the cute little heart die from the Accent it - Calendar Components.

Well, thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my scrapbooking pages with this month's MFTSCRAP2 sketch! I look forward to seeing all your fabulous layouts with this month's sketch! Now, please swing by Kim's blog for links to all the MFT Designers with scrapbooking pages sure to inspire!

Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!
Hugs,
 

SUPPLIES:





11 comments:

Tracey said...

Absolutely love this Tara!! The colours are amazing and you have done wonders with all of those die-namics!! xx

Lisa H. said...

fabulous double layout, Tara! love the colors, love the papers, and love all the pretty MFT goodies you used. Looks like a great trip you took.

Casandra Bennett said...

Oh my gosh, your color combo is amazing with your photos. Love the embellishments you chose to tell your story. :)

Unknown said...

This is a totally spectacular spread Tara, I'm in awe of all the beautiful details. Love it!

Inge Groot said...

Such a sweet lay out, love all the buttons and tiny text details...Gorgeous!!!

Queen Mary said...

Excellent change up with the same sketch! And of course I love all the MFT details!

Melody said...

Great pages and perfect colors!

jonim52 said...

Hawk's Nest is one of my favorite beaches ever!!! Great page and pictures.

Laureen said...

Beautiful "beachy" layout! Love the colours you used, just perfect for a beach!

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.
Feel free to visit my weblog ... free iphone

Anonymous said...

Its my chief time to fill someone in on on this forum,merely wannat reap some friends here.if its not allowed to advise on this board,will delete this thread.Nice to adjoin you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails