October 23, 2012

My Favorite Things...MFTSCRAP1...Fall Girl!

 Photobucket
Hello Stampin' and Scrappin' friends! My Favorite Things has a NEW and EXCITING SCRAP sketch challenge for us, starting this month with, MFTSCRAP1! We know how much you love getting sketchy with us every week for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Challenge - sketch challenge. Well, Now we will have a monthly SCRAP sketch challenge for you to play along with too. We will also provide a Project Life version, MFTPL1, of the sketch for you to use, if you so wish...how cool is that?!
 
There will be a random draw each month from all the participants who have uploaded their Scrap Samples to SCS using the keyword MFTSCRAP1 or MFTPL1.  Two winners will be chosen each month and the winners will receive a $15 gift voucher.  If the winner has used MFT stamps, they will receive $5 bonus bucks, for a total of $20. We really look forward to seeing your scrapbooking pages and PL pages using your MFT Stamps and Die-namics. You have until noon Monday, November 19 to play along . So, are you feeling Scrappy!? Then GET SKETCHY with MFT!



Here is the fabulous MFT Scrap Sketch that we have for you this month!!!

Photobucket

I was SO glad to get to make this 12X12 page of some of the pics I took of my daughter, Hannah, this month when we had a little outdoor Fall photo-shoot a couple of weeks ago. I had this pretty BoBunny Serenade paper in mind when we took the pictures. For my page, I flipped the sketch around as I didn't have enough good landscape photos and then I had a hard time just picking 3 pictures of Hannah. So, I used 4 small wallet sized photos. I love using a sketch as a jumping off point for my scarpbooking layouts but I also like to make minor adjustments, if needed, to make it my own.
Photobucket

I used the prefect sentiment for this page from the Clearly Sentimental About Harvesting Stamp set and stamped it on pattern paper cut with the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX and Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics. I also cut 3 large Leafy Flourishes from Black corrugated card and used the NEW Highrise Alphabet Die-namics Uppercase cut from black corrugated cardstock for my title and inked with White Mixed Media Inx.  

Photobucket

I cut several leaves with the Fall Leaves Die-namics from canvas material, stamped them with the script stamp from Lisa Johnson Designs - Thankful Leaves Stamp Set and then spritzed them with Caramel Apple, Jingle Bells, Candy Apple, Juniper, and Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. I added some Wild Cherry Buttons and hemp cord to each grouping of leaves. I stamped my daughter's initials on a tag from the Howdy Die-namics with the alphabet stamps from the Let's Toast Stamp set. I tucked a Simply Scallop border under the main focal image and added a little line of red gems.

Photobucket

I cut 3 of the smallest Fishtails from corrugated card and added them under the photo.

Photobucket

I tucked another border cut with the Simply Scallop Border Die-namics under the panel. I also stamped the script stamp from the Thankful Leaves stamp set on the tag from the Howdy Die-namics and tied a bow with hemp cord.

Well, thanks SO much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my layout using this month's MFTSCRAP1/MFTPL1 scrappy sketch. We are SO looking forward to seeing your wonderful scarpbooking and PL pages using your MFT Stamps and Die-namics. Please head on over to Kim's blog for links to all the MFT Designers with some Scrappy inspiration for you!

Happy Scrappin'!
Hugs,



SUPPLIES:




12 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute, love all the details and the colors are so fabulous.

Liz said...

Awesome

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Tara! Love that you flipped the sketch to suit your needs!! xx

Casandra Bennett said...

So pretty. I love how you matched your elements to your gorgeous (girl) photo's. :)

Lisa H. said...

I am gaga over those leaves you created!!! this is reallly so pretty, perfect layout to highlight your beautiful daughter!

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous lay out and scrapbookpage Tara, what a fun way to capture fall with your pretty daughter between the leaves!

Unknown said...

Stunning layout, Tara! Love the mix of decorative elements you added to highlight the beautiful pics of your daughter!

Queen Mary said...

I love your page! You guys are making this sketch look so versatile! And the new stamps and dies so necessary (good thing I realized that right away and ordered them all!). Great stuff!

Melody said...

BEAUTIFUL fall layout!

scrappingnana said...

Oh Tara, this is gorgeous. Love your photos and the colors and elements on your layout are perfect. TFS

Laina Lamb said...

Your canvas leaves are AMAZE-zing!

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful layout, Tara!!!! And your photos are gorgeous, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails