July 21, 2011

My Favourite Things Stamps, WSC # 29!

Photobucket

Good morning crafty friends! Well, it's been so long since I have had the time to play along with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge and I have really missed it but we have been camping and enjoying the summer and the great weather we have been having. I have had every intention of joining in on all the challenges and have printed out all the sketches so I plan to go back and use them at some point, fingers crossed.

Well, I was glad to have some time and to use this week's fab sketch. I deviated a bit from the original sketch but it was great inspiration. I hope you can still see the sketch in there enough that my card still qualifies for this week challenge.
Photobucket
I used the My How you've Grown stamp set for the first time since I got it. I paper pieced and coloured with my Copics. I used the few scraps that I had left from my 6x6 My Minds eye Hazel pad to co-ordinate with the baby wall art project that I made for my friend, Jen. This card is for her too! I embossed the long panel that the sketch calls for and I distressed the edges and inked with Distress ink. I also used my Simply Scalloped border Die-Namics die. The Sketch calls for a flower but I thought the triple crinkled seam binding bow would stand in for the flower. The sentiment is from the Clearly Sentimental about Parenting set and I stamped it on the Die-namics label die from the Textile Rectangle Stamp and Die-nmaics set that I cut in half.

Photobucket

Here is the inside of my card and I used the stamps from the First Place Ribbon Die-nmaics. I stamped Congrats and the I only inked up "on" from the word stamp that says Son on the label die from the Textile Rectangle Stamp and Die-nmaics set. I then stamped the "#2" on the Die-namics Notched Tag.


Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card!

Have a stampin' Great day!

Hugs,



2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Love that embossed & distressed inked panel you made - so effective. The whole creation is delightful & it's good to see you entering your MFT challenges again. I've missed seeing them. Hope you are having a good time on vacation & that the weather is being kind to you.
Paula (PEP)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Tara, wonderful details and beautiful image.
luv
debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails