July 23, 2011

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 88....A Sketch by Me...Have a tail waggin' Day!!

Photobucket
Good morning Krafty friends! Are you enjoying the heat??? Well, it has been HOT, HOT, HOT here!!! I hope it is a little cooler where YOU are or at least I hope you've been able to keep cool! Well, I won't complain too much about the heat cuz it is soooooooo much better than the cold and snow!

So, we have another fun challenge for you this week at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge blog. I'm really excited about it cuz I am the krafty hostess this week and I've designed a sketch for you to try! We are kickin' it old school this time cuz I have no idea how to make the fancy digitized sketches on the computer. So, I asked my sweet hubby, Chris, to draw this pencil sketch up for me from the card that I made and I think it looks great!!!

I would love for you to join the challenge and I can't wait to see what you all do with my sketch! If you link up your card on the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp Challenge blog and you use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp on your card then you will be entered into the random draw to win your very own Tori Stamp from the Sporty Girls release by Annie Rodrigue! Whoo hoo!!!

Photobucket
For my card I made the base 6x6 with Kraft Cardstock and I used BasicGrey Lime Ricky 6x6 paper pad. I thought the patterns in this paper went really well with Tori and her cute outfit. I coloured Tori with my Copics and cut the image with my Nesties using the "Out of the Box Technique" so that her little doggie wouldn't get cut off by the Nestie die. I left the image in the die and inked with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress ink. I added some Maraschino Twinery twine With a BasicGrey button and a few red pearls.  I also used my MFT Simply Scalloped Die-nmaics and the sentiment actually comes with the KKS Gone Fishin' set.

Photobucket

I wanted to let you all know that Kimmie is having a Frugal Friday special again at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!!! This weekend's specials are up and they are on sale 40-50% off!!! But only until Sunday, so scoop them up while you can! We have Eleanor, Cannonball Cameron, Jukebox, Brady the Builder, Lavender the Quilter and Party Time on special! Also our new July release stamps are all available, along with FIVE awesome, specially priced Gimme Kimmies Kits!! But only for a limited time!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card and my sketch today! I really hope that you can get some stampin' time in this week and give my sketch a go. I think the hot weather is the perfect excuse...um...I mean....reason to stay inside with the AC turned up and get KRAFTY!!!! Also, swing by the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge blog and check out all the gorgeous cards the Krafty Girls made for your inspiration!!!

Happy Kraftin'!!!!

Hugs,
 

7 comments:

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Tara! Such a wonderful card!
Hugs Kristel

Sanne said...

Great sketch girl! I totally love your card!

Hugs Sanne

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful card, Tara, great sketch!
hugs, Alina

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Tara,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightful the way you've got the little dog scampering off the main panel & the way Tori is looking aghast at him. Love that deep rich burgundy too.
Paula (PEP)

Georgia said...

Wow Tara, this is such a gorgeous summery card! I love your fabulous colouring and the papers look great! I also love the red gems and bow, so striking! :) Love, Georgia xx

Tracey said...

Fantastic sketch Tara and an absolutely gorgeous card!! Beautiful colouring as always!! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails