March 30, 2011

Simon Says Stamp Challenge...Domi's Fab Sketch + Penny Black...Je Taime!

Photobucket


Hey stampin' friends! Time for another great challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Challenge! I am so glad to be back this week and able to share a DT card with you! Domi has designed a fabulous sketch for us to use...I really love this sketch and I know yo will too!  So, I  hope you can join us! The Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT are featuring Penny Black stamps this week! If you would like to share you Penny Black creations with us we would love to see them but it is not a requirement!


Heidi has very generously offered up a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Superstore for the prize again this week! Just think of all the gorgeous crafty supplies you can get with $50 and the Superstore is just chalked full of fab supplies!!!!

Photobucket
So, for my card I used one absolutely adorable image from the Mimi in Paris Transparent stamp set! The Memento ink didn't give a clean, crisp impression with the Transparent stamps, not sure why but I wanted a really crisp image, so, I stamped Mimi with VersaFine Black Onyx ink on Copic X-press it paper and then embossed the image with clear embossing powder, then I coloured Mimi with my Copic Markers. I love the shine that the clear embossing powder adds to the image too! It is a neat technique to use to get a dark black impression with the detail ink and still use your Copics. I made my card with My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink paper and gems and some Annalee Prima Flowers! I stamped a sentiment from a My Favorite Things Stamp set called Meet me at the Cafe, on a tag cut with a Nestibilites tag and inked with Spun Sugar Distress ink

Photobucket
Here is the inside...pretty simple! I stamped the Eiffel tower image with Versafine Black Onyx ink and embossed with clear embossing powder again! The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things More Essential Sentiments set!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee look-see at my Simon Says Stamp challenge DT card! Please stop by the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and see all the gorgeous and inspirational cards made by the super talented DT and then please join the challenge!

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tara :-) I really LOVE this stamp set and it is at the top of my wish list :-) The papers and layout is fab and the embellies ,, perfect :-) I used to stamp and emboss my images all the time and I love the dark glossy effect you get with it.

luv
Lols x x x

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the striped paper - I know it's pink but it still reminds me of a Frenchman's striped top. Love the tower on the inside. Her pink poodle is such a lovely idea too - they do look a bit pinkish sometimes those white poodles & I love her beret.
Paula (PEP)

Brigitte said...

Beautiful card Tara!!! Thanks for the tip about embossing your black ink... I always have problem with my edges being blurry!
Brigitte

Shirley N said...

So cute, cute, cute! Love your beautiful colors too--you rocked that sketch, love your card!!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Tara, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Lorraine said...

Beautiful, Tara! Love your coloring of that sweet image and the design & colors both inside and out!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Heather said...

Hi TG - gorgeous card, such a cute Mimi and I love the little pink poodle!! Gorgeous papers, embellies and so beautifully put together - as usual!!
Shall go and re-upload my BG DT card now - thanks a bunch (lol!!)
hugs
Heather xx

Mary J said...

ADORABLE!!! I love this!

Annika said...

Can I just say - Awwwwwwww???
Can I? Please???
Awwwwwww...
Incredibly cute!
Hugs
Annika

Jo Nevill said...

Such a sweet card Tara, just love the PB stamp set you received and all your gorgeous papers and details. Love it !

Hugs,

Jo x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh your work is so beautiful, Tara!! I love this image and sentiment :) The colors are a fabby combination!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails