January 30, 2011

MFT GD...A Recipe for Love...You're TOO Sweet!

Photobucket

Hey crafty friends! I have a quick post tonight to share the card I made for the February GDT challenge over at My Favorite Things Stamps! The Challenge is a Recipe of Love...

Valentine's theme
One Patterned Paper
Two Cardstock Colors(not including neutral base)
Three Embellishments(three types, not just three of one thing)

So, I thought I would give it a go again this month and keep my fingers, toes and well, everything crossed! I would be so psyched to be the GDT for February!



Photobucket

For my valentine card I used this super sweet PI stamp called Lollipop. You can get lots of these cutie PI Girlies at Simon Says Stamp Super Store. I coloured her up with my Copics and teamed her up with this gorgeous new BasicGrey 6x6 paper pad called Hopscotch...I am soooo in love with this paper but I only used one sheet of it as per the recipe. I used yellow and blue American Crafts cardstock and Bazzill Kraft cardstock as my one neutral. For embellies I used, gems, Prima flowers and some trim (MFT twill and My Favorite Felt). I used my MFT Die-Namics Scalloped Scallop die to cut the felt. I added some sparkle with a Sakura Stardust pen and spread it around with my finger. I used my Glaze pen on her Lollipop, shoes and hair clip. I stamped one of the sentiments on some Kraft cardstock and cut it out with a QuicKutz tag die!


Photobucket
Here is the inside....I cut the heart shaped valentine lollipop holder with my Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter. When I saw this cute GSD file, I knew it would be perfect for this card! I matted it on a Kraft scalloped Nestie heart and added one of the sentiments on a Nestie tag from the Lollipop Stamp set!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card for the GDT Challenge at My Favourite Things! 

Have a stampin' great day!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

The Kraft, blue & yellow combination is a stunner. The felt, twill ribbon & flowers with the sparkling gems adds such texture. All the best with GDT submission - I love your showcaasing of the MFT products, but for you they wouldn't have registered with me.
Paula (PEP)

Lorraine said...

Your card is adorable! Also love how you incorporated the Hopscotch paper into your design...oh and the lollipop inside, lol!

heidy said...

Totally amazing Tara!!!
Hugs Heidy

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the sweet image and pretty colours too.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Danderella said...

Gorgeous! I love all those layers.

Jo Nevill said...

Oooh I shall keep everything crossed for you too Tara and will sleep with my rabbits foot !

Absolutely stunning card, gorgeous papers and such a cutie, sweet image. Lovely details inside too.

Good luck !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails