November 03, 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenges # 91 and Friday Sketchers # 126.....Sweet Little Angel!

Photobucket

Good Morning crafty friends! Well its hump day...yuppers...Wednesday, already! We are halfway through the week, folks...YAY! It is also time for another fab challenge over at Whiff of Joy challenges! This week we would like to see you make a Christmas card! We thought we would help you get some of your Christmas cards done with this challenge. Please remember that you must use a WOJ stamp to enter the WOJ challenge. We have had many entries, of late, that did not have a WOJ image on them, therefore, they were not eligible for the prize. Please, check on the Whiff of Joy website for all the WOJ stamps to make sure that you are using a WOJ stamped image!
Photobucket
So, for my card I decided to make a "Christmassy" Baby card! I thought MME Colorful Christmas paper that I just love from last year would be perfect for a baby card!I used the fabulous sketch that they have this week at Friday Sketchers for this card too! The cardbase is 6x6 from white AC cardstock and mated with light blue and pink cardstock! I added some cotton lace and some ribbon, and Prima flowers with pearls. I stamped this sweet image, one of my all time fave, WOJ stamps, of Willow with toddler, from the Wedding and Baby Collection and coloured it with my Copics. I masked the image and then used the new Magnolia snowflakes from the Fall StampClub Kit and stamped around the image in Gingerbread VersaMagic Dew Drop Chalk ink to get a soft look to the snowflakes. I then cut the image with my large rectangle Nesties used the die as a stencil and inked with Spun Sugar Distress ink. I added some Glamour Dust to the image for a little sparkle. The sentiment is from WOJ as well and is stamped on a Nesties tag.

Here is the inside...this is a WOJ sentiment as well from the Wedding and Baby Collection.
Photobucket

Well, thank you for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I really hope you can join us this week at the WOJ Challenges!

Hugs,

6 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Paula (PEP) said...

Love all the stamping around the image with the softness of the brown/pink combo - lovely piece of masking. The lace is a delightful touch & really this could be an ordinary Christmas card for someone special - the mother & child image is so apt for this time of year.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

heidy said...

Oh Tara,beautiful as always!!
Hugs Heidy

Renkata said...

So beautiful and precious card.
Fantastic layout.
Love the background behind the image.

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous Tara!
Hugs
Cordine

CraftyC said...

Wow Tara, what a pretty, pretty card you have made. So sweet and beautiful colours!
Clairexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails