October 02, 2010

Magnolia Down Under Challenges # 66.....Colour Combo....Friends Fill your Life with Smiles!

Good morning crafty friends! I am so excited to share my first official Magnolia Down Under challenges card with you today! We have a fabulous colour combo....nice and easy for my first challenge too...phew...Blue, Yellow, Green and Kraft...this is fabulous combination and I love using kraft cardstock so right up my alley!

Photobucket

I hope you get some time to join us with this challenge and please visit the MDU Challenges DT as they have stunning creations to inspire you!

Photobucket

For my card I once again used my Echo Park Life is Good patterned paper...it was perfect for this colour combo. I decided to ink up a neglected stamp, Tilda with Sunflower...shame I neglected her really, as, she is sooooo darn cute, but she has got some love now,smile! I coloured her with my Copics and cut her out with my oval Nesties using the "Out of the Box Technique" and inked the background colour with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I used this fabulous Magnolia sentiment too from the Animal and Pet Collection. I stamped it with green Memento ink on one of the elements that co-ordinates with the Echo Park pp. I cut two scalloped borders from Kraft cardstock with my MFT large scallop border di-nmaics die and added some Martha Stewart seam binding that I crinkled. I punched some MS butterflies from QuicKutz cork material and added some Prima flowers and a little bling too!

Here is the inside it is rather simple...this sentiment is by Stamping Bella.

Photobucket

Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my MDU Challenges card...I'm going to be MIA for about a week or so crafty friends! I won't be around to visit and see your gorgeous creations and to comment...I will be back blogging though in no time and will catch up with all you then!

Big Hugs,

13 comments:

Annika said...

You are SO talented your feet must be barely touching the ground. I betcha you have X-ray vision and superstrength as well!!!
It's. Just. Stunning!!!
Oh I wish somebody would teach me how to make those crinkled bows - yum!
Hugs
Annika

Paula (PEP) said...

Gorgeous turquoise making this really zing. Love the little butterflies on the inside too. Look forward to seeing you when you're back again. Take care in the meantime.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site inkingontheedge.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Riet said...

Beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, just love the colour combo, must try this one. Love your flowers too and all your fabby details.

Hugs,

Jo xx

Unknown said...

WOW Tara, this is so fantastic, I love Sunflower Tilda!! I love your crinkly ribbon and flowers!! Congratulations on your first MDUC Card of many!! heheheh
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Georgia said...

This is really gorgeous Tara, you're right, this colour combination is fabulous and I love those pretty papers and the lovely Kraft cardstock! :) Love, Georgia xx

Kylie said...

Oh Tara - you used one of my all time FAV Tildas! She is gorgeous. Your card is gorgeous. Enjoy your hols!!
Hugs
Kylie

Sandra said...

Love it. That says it all.
Really, thank you for letting me know about this great challenge blog!
hugs,
Sandra

Stampvanwinkle said...

Tara, this is adorable. Just love the designer paper and the colors you chose. Awesome coloring on little Tilda!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lou said...

Hi!Tara this is just totally gorgeous,those colours together look-just perfect!!
Very pretty card,hugs Lou.xx

Ingrid said...

Wauw, how beautiful. Yes, this colorcombo is stunning. It was on my list but couldn't make it to join in :-( But your card is so pretty!
Tara, would you please contact me at martijneningrid@gmail.com because I would like to ask you a favour about being a gdt member at ASFOS for 1 week. Hope to here from you!
Hugs Ingrid

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails