October 30, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 52 and BasicGrey Challenges # 30.......Spooky Birthday Wishes!

Hey Krafty friends! I hope you are all doing well! I bet you are looking forward to Halloween! Well, only one more sleep, my krafty little goblins! I hope you can squeeze some Krafty time in and around your busy Halloween party schedule, as, we have fabulous challenges this week at both, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge and BasicGrey Challenges! This week the challenge at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps is set by the super Krafty and oh so hilarious, Andrea and she is asking to see creations that are Primarily Purple. Over at BG Challenges, the talented Heather, has designed a beautiful sketch for us to use! Just remember that if you want to be eligible for the prize at BG Challenges you must use at least one item of BasicGrey product and let us know what the BG item you used in your post! To be eligible for the prize at KKSC, which is the super cute stamped image Virginia that Andrea has used on her creation this week, you need to use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamped image on your creation!


Photobucket


So, I made my DT card for both challenges this week and thought I would make a Halloween birthday card and play off the idea of getting older...soooo old, in fact, you are a ghost, he, he, he! I used this really cute and fun Halloween image from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps called Hattie from the Moonlight Whispers collection. I coloured her with my Copics and Twinkling H20s and cut the image out with my Nesties. I left the image in the die and sponged with Metallic Rub-ons to give it a spooky feel. I used AC cardstock and BG Kioshi 6x6 papers and I embellished with AC ribbon, Prima flowers and WOC roses. Unfortunately, I went and covered most of the layout up with flowers and you can't see the circle of paper that is part of Heather's beautiful sketch...Opps! I'm not loving this card, friends...something just not right with it and I didn't do the best job on colouring this super cute image...sorry, I just didn't do Hattie justice with this one!

Photobucket

The sentiment on the front of the card is a Melissa Frances rub-on and for the inside sentiment I used a C.C. Designs sentiment for "spooky" and "Birthday Wishes" is from Kimmie's Everyday Sentiment set!

Photobucket

Well, I really hope you can join us this week at both Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and BasicGrey Challenges! I'm looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous creations!

Halloween hugs,


11 comments:

Renkata said...

Hi Tara,
wow fantastic work with the purple colour. I love this colours, it's so rich and gorgeous, so queeny one :)

heidy said...

Hi Tara,she's beautiful and your colours are so gorgeous,think you're to hard for yourself
Big hugs Heidy

Tracey said...

Absolutely stunning Tara!! I love the way you have coloured Hattie! SHe is hauntingly gorgeous!! xx

Jenn Joncas said...

I think Hattie looks super fantastic Tara!!! You did a beautiful job (: I absolutely love the sentiment you used on the front, it made me laugh (:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Nana Diana said...

Tara, if I made a card like this, I would die happy!! It's fabulous!! Love what you have done with Hattie.

Paula (PEP) said...

The ethereal sense of that image is astonishing - love the glitter too & I like your inventive idea for a birthday card.
Paula (PEP)

Heather said...

Hi Tara, gorgeous - love your colours and that awesome, beautifully coloured image. Fabulous details, especially love the 'boo Bat'- cite!!
hugs Heather xx

Melanie said...

Tara, your card is wonderful! I think Hattie looks great...I always love the flowers you use on your cards, and the sentiment just makes me giggle!

Becca said...

I love what you did with this challenge. What a cute stamp and such a neat way to wish a spooky b-day.

hugs,
Bela

Cheryl Valadez said...

Tara, not so...Hattie has never looked better! I love her purple sparkly frock and that awesome gray pallor you gave her! PLUS, those slightly green eyes are awesome and I'm so stealing that idea ;D This card is crazy awesome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails