May 29, 2010

New BasicGrey Challenges # 21...a sketch and Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps # 31...Rough it Up!



Good morning Krafty friends! Are you glad it is the weekend?! I sure am! I had another crazy week at work so it is going to be so nice to just relax and maybe do some stamping,he, he, he! Well, I have a card to share with you this morning that I made for both the Basic Grey challenges and Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge! At BG Challenges we have another one of Martine's fabulous sketches for you to use and over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps challenge the very talented, Guest Krafty Girl, Krista, has set the challenge...Rough it Up...add any kind of texture or distressing! Krista has made the cutest card featuring the fabulous new stamp Perfect Poison from the May release. If you join the challenge and use a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp on your creation you will be entered into the random draw to win a Perfect poison stamp...how cool is that!?

So I made my cardbase 6x6 from American Crafts cardstock and I used BG Recess pp and the green sheet is from Sugared. I followed Martine's fabulous sketch and I added texture by using a piece of a corrugated box and I painted it with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint in White Picket fence. I stamped this sweet Kraftin' Kimmie stamp from the Crissy's Cuties collection called Gone Fishin' with Memento Ink on Neenah card and coloured Huck and Lady with my Copics.


I stamped the Autumn Leaves ticket stamp on pp and cut it out with my Ticket punch and then wrinkled it to add to the distressing.The sentiment on the QuicKutz tag is a Melissa Frances rub-on and the flower and brads are from a Chatterbox scrapbooking kit.

Here is the inside of the card...I used a Digi Embellishment circle that comes in the Summer Cottage kit from The Shabby Shoppe. "Hugs" is from Kimmie's Everyday Sentiment set and is stamped on a QuicKutz tag!
Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I hope you join us for both the Basic Grey Challenge and the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge and make sure to pop on over to the challenge blogs and have a look at the fabulous creations both DTs have made to inspire you!!
Hugs,

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Beautiful!! I am loving all of the layers on here!!

Simone said...

Wow, stunning card! Cute image! And the inside is great too!
Simone

Fleur said...

Fab card, great image & love the colours.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,i love your image the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lou said...

Hi! such a lovely card,love the layers and papers.hugs Lou.xx

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Tara, this is amazing! I love looking at all the details on your cards, and how you decorate the inside and the outside. Your colouring is amazing and I love the corrugated cardboard!
Anthea xo.

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, love the colors and that stamp is just darling. Hugs!

Martine said...

aww this is such a sweet card darlin, i love the image you have used and the choice in papers and embellies is fab :)

Take care darlin

xx

Martine

Heather said...

Hi Tara, love this fabulous card, the colours are fantastic, great image and fabulous textures.
hugs Heather xx

Ingrid said...

Cery cool this card! So tough.
Have a nice day.
Hugs ingrid

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails