April 03, 2010

New BasicGrey Challenges # 17 and Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps # 23...If friends were flowers...!


Good morning Krafty friends! I hope you are enjoying your Easter weekend...my weekend has started off fabulously. Yesterday, Kraftin' Kimmie had to make a trip to Oshawa and she and Al were able to stop by my house and have a little visit with us before they headed home! It was so nice to see her and we had fun catching up and looking at vacation pics! It was a lovely visit, just not long enough though, so we will definitely have to do it again soon!
Well, today I have one card to share with you that I made for both the BasicGrey Challenge and Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Challenge! At BG Challenges we have a gorgeous sketch by Martine for you to use and over at KKS, Krafty girl, Jeanne, would like you to get "a little punchy" and use either punches or die cuts on your creation!

For my card I made the base 6x6 from American Crafts Cardstock and used BasicGrey Urban Prairie 6x6 paper pad. To embellish, I used this great cotton lace trim that I found at the dollar store, some dollar store gems and Prima flowers.


I used this gorgeous fairy image from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Daphne and sentiment, one of the new March images in the Crissy's Cuties collection. I coloured her in with my Copics and used Distress inks to ink the background...I used several Qk dies on this card...the curly leaf, nameplate, that the sentiment is stamped on and the butterfly, which I cut from QuicKutz clear plastic material and then covered in Glamour Dust and then added a few more gems.

Here is the inside...I used 2 sentiments from Kimmie's Everyday Sentiment Set.
Thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card! I hope you all have a very happy Easter and maybe you can squeeze in some krafty time and join us at BasicGrey Challenges and Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge while you indulge in a little Chocolate too! Also, The Krafty Girls and BG DT have stunning creations this week, sure to inspire, so please go have a look-see!
Hugs,

9 comments:

heidy said...

Oh Tara,this is so gorgeous.
Enjoy your easter weekend.
Hugs Heidy

Riet said...

Wowwww Tara,what a beautiful cards,i love your images and colours and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Juls said...

wow so so gorgeous!! Love all the layers and dimension!! hugs Juls

Carolyn said...

What a fantastic card. Love the Design Papers and the image is just tooooooo cute.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Sharon said...

Oh WOW Tara, what an absolutely stunning creation. Just love all the detail and embellishments. Fab colouring. Hugs Sharon x

Tracey said...

This is so gorgeous Tara! Your colouring is stunning and I love the pp you used!! Happy Easter! xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love the beautiful fairy.
Happy Easter!
Sandra x

Kim said...

Tara this is so beautiful hun! What a stunning card! Hope you had a very blessed Easter hun!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails