February 24, 2010

Whiff of Joy # 68...A Sketch by Bev...Bla Bla Bla!


Good day crafty friends! It's Wednesday and I always get a wee giggle when the guy on the radio wishes me a Happy Hump Day!!! Yes, I like Wednesday cuz I feel like we are in the home stretch for the weekend, smile! I am looking forward to this weekend as I'm taking a Copic and Prismacoloured pencils class at The Stamping Bella Boutique in Toronto with uber talented Linda Heavens and I'm super excitied! I hope to learn a lot and finally get the hang of those Prisma Pencils!
Well, it is also WoJ Challenge day! We have a gorgeous sketch by Bev this week and I just love this sketch...will definitely be using it again! I needed a Birthday card for a dear a friend and I thought I would ink up Dancing Willow! I have been thinking about this card since I first saw this fun and stylish City Girl stamp! I Love the song Bla Bla Bla by Kesha (you can hear it now playing on my blog) they play it on the radio all the time now and Willow loves it too, lol!

I made my card base 6x6 from American Crafts cardstock and used what little I have left of this gorgeous Pink Paislee Pop Fashion paper and matted with Prism cardstock! The bling scalloped border is a Dollar store find that I've been keeping to use on just the right card. I used some of my a favourite Painterly Prima flowers with MM gem Brads. All the sentiments are Melissa Frances rub-ons!
I stamped Willow on Neenah card and coloured her with my copcis and used the "out of the box" technique and cut her out with my Oval Nesties! Oh I'm soooo excitied too as I got my new Tim Hotlz Distress inks and I used this yummy new colour called Bundled Sage to ink the background....love all the new colours!


Here is the inside...the main sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on and the sentiment on the QK tag is a QuicKutz rub-on!
Well, thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek at my card and I hope you get a chance to join the Whiff of Joy challenge and use Bev's fab sketch! Also, make sure you have a look at all the gorgeous cards the WoJ Challenge DT have created they are sure to inspire you!
Hugs,

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Love your card Tara. Isn't this image from Elisabeth Bell an absolute DOLL!!! Love the sketch. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday... hugs Sharon

Tara said...

Well I can't deny I'm a wee bit jealous T of the weekend you have lined up! Nothing like that ever happens around here ;o( Hope you have a fantastic time!!
Your card is gorgeous, I just love this image and your papers look divine in this wonderful layout too!
Big hugs, Tara xxx

Jane said...

Wow Tara this is stunning! I love the gorgeous colours and your great sentiment and the inside is just as gorgeous as the outside! hugs, Jane xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

heidy said...

Hi Tara,beautiful !!!!
Hope you have a great weekend whit your class.
Hugs Heidy

Tracey said...

I love this Willow and your card is gorgeous Tara!! Enjoy your weekend. I am sure the class will be fabulous!! xx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Tara this is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Victoria said...

Fab fab fab Tara, I just LOVE it! The colours are grogeous and I adore this dancing Willow image, isn'nt she just a doll!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Kelly Schelske said...

She's beautiful Tara! Great dancer!!

Kim said...

Such a beautiful Willow! Love all the blingz on there! Great work hun! Had a fabulous time on the DT with you this month!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Danderella said...

Gorgeous! I love that stamp and you did a great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails