January 30, 2010

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge # 15...You Color My World!


Hey Krafty friends! I hope you are all set for another great Kraftin' Kimmie challenge this week! Krafty Girl Melanie has set the challenge and she would like to see you make an aperture/window card! She and the other Krafty Girls have made really beautiful cards this week, well they always do!!!! Please go have a peek at the Kraftin' Kimmie blog and you will be inspired! If you join the challenge and use a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp on you creation you will be entered into the random draw for the Bird Fairy stamp by Crissy Armstrong, that Melanie used on her stunning card!!!!

I am not really happy with my card that I have to share with you today! This card nearly ended up in the bin a few times and please don't look to closely as you will see all my mistakes! I really struggled with making the aperture on the front of the card!!! But I do think Lola Davinci and her accessory stamp are totally adorable!!!! She is from the Moonlight Whispers collection by Annie Rodrigue. I coloured her with my Copics, cut the image out with my Nesties, left the image in the die and used Distress inks to colour in the background! The sentiment on the front of the card is from Kimmie's Fun Sentiments set and the inside sentiment comes with the Shy Emmylou stamp!

Well, blogger is giving me trouble doing up this post so I am going to make it a quick one! Thanks so much for stopping by and having a wee peek! I really hope you get some "krafty" time this weekend and can join the KKS Challenge!

Hugs,

12 comments:

Tara said...

I know it can feel horrid when you make a card you're not happy with T, but believe me this is so fab!! I love how you've brought everything together and left us in suspense as to what is hiding inside!! As always you've matched colours papers and embellies perfectly and your colouring rocks!!
You have a great weekend my friend ;o)
Big hugs, T xxx

Gry-Beate said...

WOW, what a lovely card! Everything match so good together
;0)

heidy said...

Hi Tara,
What a lovely card!!!
Hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

I SO know that feeling of wanting to throw the card in the bin Tara...Mine came close a couple of times too!! Fustrating is one nice words I could think of....But then what did I say to you the other day...That's why it's called a "Challenge"...yeah!! Anyway, your card turned out just gorgeous so sometimes persistance pay's off huh!!! Xx

Julie said...

Well, I think your aperture card is just fab and what a great way to use this image - wonderful!! Juliexx

Kim said...

Are you freaking kidding me???? I WISH my cards looked like this!! You can toss your cards in my 'bin' any day of the week!! You did a FABULOUS job with Lola and her painting...and the window part looks great! And you HAVE to tell me where you got those silver/pewter brads! I love them!!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

That was ME commenting there...not sure why it showed up like that. 'Kim' instead of 'Kraftin' Kimmie'. Anyhoo...love ya!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SOOO cute, Tara! And SO creative how you put the painting in the window! I love it!

Michele Boyer said...

I had to come back and say I LOVE your music! I haven't heard The Script anywhere other than my own ipod! :)

Melanie said...

Well, I can TOTALLY relate!! Struggling with a card is frustrating...I do it all the time! However, this really is beautiful Tara!! I always love the colour schemes you chose to work with, and your embellishments are perfect!! And you colouring?? Well, AWESOME!!

Juls said...

very creative!!! Just Love it! Hugs Juls

MarkerGeek said...

I can't believe I haven't told you yet how much I love this one! Your idea of putting the picture in the window is just too cute! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails