September 05, 2009

Just Magnolia # 21 and Cute Card Thursday # 76....Tilda rides her bike to school!


Here is my card that I made for the Just Magnolia challenge with Mina's fabulous sketch and for the Cute Card Thursday challenge....Back to School!!

I had to ink up this sweet Tilda with her bicycle that I ordered from Simon Says Stamp...a really great on-line shop! The services is really fabulous and they shipped it so quickly too! Well, I stamped her on Neenah paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her in with my Copic markers. Since Tilda is heading to school she needed to bring her books and an apple for her teacher. I stamped the books and apple from the Magnolia desk stamp, coloured it in and cut it out. I cut a slit in the image where the basket is and tucked the books and the apple in the basket.

I cut a 6x6 carbase from light blue Bazzill Bling cardstock and used patterned paper by Flair Designs from the Fresh and Fabulous collection...I really love this paper...such pretty colours!
I printed, cut and inked the edges of one of the round labels from the Shabby Shop..this one is from the Child's Words collection! To finish it off I added some ribbon from Micheals, some Primas and a Melissa Frances rub-on....I have to tell you I had originally cut a rub-on that said I heart recess...well I lost it in my scrapbooking room...it's gotta be in there somewhere but I looked high and low for it...well I finally had to pick a different sentiment,smile.

Here is a close up of the books and apple tucked into the bike basket!
Well, there you have it...another card...this one was a lot of fun to make, well, except for loosing my rub-on...I'll probably find it stuck to my butt or something like that, SNORT!
Well, thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek!
Hugs,

18 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

oh wow Tara this is sooooooooo cute!!!

Thank you for your in-put on my blog today about my card. hugs, janny

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Love your card & the added apple & books in the basket.........really cute. I had to laugh at you losing your rub on. LOL Just a few minutes ago I was eating some Jr. Mints & I felt like I dropped one but couldn't find it anywhere. I just know I'll find it later in an unexpected place. LOL
Huggies ~
Sharron

CraftyC said...

A real beauty Tara. Pretty card, sweet stamp and gorgeous embellishments. Think I like it!!
Clairex

Niina said...

Cute card. Good composition.

daisy said...

she looks so readdy for school! lovely

hugs
daisy

Tara said...

Hey T, this is a really sweet card and the colours are perfect. I love how you modified Tilda to fit with the school theme!
Do you remember sending me that Momento Ink? Can you believe it's still going and yet it's all I ever use?!!! That's some going!
Now go check your butt for that rub-on girl, hee hee!
Big hugs, T xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet Tilda and the books and apple in her basket.
luv
Debby

Anki said...

Stunning Tara! You are sooo talented and love the colours you've used. Sending you warm Fall hugs from Sweden - Anki

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,i love Tilda and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Tracey said...

INCREDIBLE Tara! I love this!! I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend! xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Love it Tara!! Fabulous image and coloring!

Hugs, Kelly

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness this card is just stunning. Your attention to all the little things on your card are amazing. Wow!
Have a great weekend,
Christine

Jo Nevill said...

Have you found it yet ? hehehehe I do things like that all the time. You never know, it might have got inside and tattooed your bum ! hehehehe

Gorgeous card and what a clever girl putting those books and apple in the basket - such an inspiration to us all.

Love the scrummy papers too - just perfection all round.

Hope you are OK and had a good weekend. Must catch up for a chat again soon.

Hugs,

Jo xxxxx

Jo Nevill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo Nevill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juls said...

this is just stunning!! love the colour combo and the little tag and the gorgeous dotty ribbon! just fab!

Annie said...

such a beautiful card and love the papers and how you coloured Tilda. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Mina said...

stunning card Tara, I love this Tilda shes my favourite Tilda at the moment, Im so pleased you liked my sketch...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails