August 09, 2009

We're Back!!!! The New BasicGrey Challenges # 1...You are my Sunshine!


Hey crafty friends!!! I am back from another camping trip and this time we had really good weather...not too hot but the sun was shining and we had a lot of fun so Tilda and I are sending you some of that sunshine this morning,smile!
Well I'm soooooo excited to say that BasicGrey Challenges is back up and running and we are better than ever!!!! There are lots of great changes to the blog so make sure you go see what Martine has done with the new design...it looks scrumptious! We will be having a challenge every fortnight (translation every other Saturday for us Canadian folks,smile) so you have a little more time to make your creation and you can combine you challenges with all the other great challenge blogs that we love to play along with...so no excuses not to join us now!!!!! We have some great candy available for our grand opening and Jo has some great BG candy generously donated by Heidi from Simon Says Stamp....just a little plug, SSS is such a great on-line shop and they sell everything you can think of including Magnolia stamps...worth checking them out!!!!

I'm so excited that this week's challenge is a TaraG original sketch...yay!!! The lovely and talented Martine turned one of my cards into this sketch...sooooo very cool! You need to go see the fabulous creations that the BG DT made with my sketch...wowzers!!!! They are out-of-this-world fab and Chris Dark had her layout posted in the BasicGray Gallery...how cool is that!!!!!!

Now, I have no idea why I missed the post deadline yesterday but well I had a total brain malfunction about the date that we were going live..big oops! So, I was on a mission yesterday to make my card and to get my paws on a 6x6 Lemonade pad!!! I didn't want to cut into my 12X12 papers that I bought in FLA (I have plans to use for my Disney album)! Well, after a little searching I found it at the Scrapbook Emporium...YAY!!!!! I also used some pretty Opaline flowers and Bazzill Bling cardstock. I cut some of the swirly bits off and moved them around how I wanted!

I stamped this sweet Tilda from the Summer StampClub set and drew in the grass with my Copic Multi-liner pen and coloured it with my Copics! I inked the edges of the papers with some lime green chalk ink and added this yummy ribbon that I got at Emporium, QuicKutz rub-ons from stash, and some Crystal Stickles!

Here is the inside...I used another QK rub-on for the inside sentiment!

So there you have it...our first NEW and IMPROVED BG Challenges, challenge...whoot whoot! I am so glad we are back in business!!!!!
I thought I would share a few pics from our camping trip to Skirkston Shores on Lake Eire! Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the beach but it is our favourite...you can drive the truck right down to the waters edge

Our campsite! Chris is the King of Tarps...good thing...it kept us dry one night when we had a torrential down pour!
Hannah and Kieran spent a lot time catching frogs at the swamp with their camping friends that they made Justin and Alexa...this is Junior and Jumpy!!!
Kieran and Hannah on the trampoline....
weeeeeeee!

Whoooo hooooo!!!!!

This is what I did......I read Scarpetta by Patrica Cornwell...my favourite Author and started Twilight!!!!

and I brought Tilda with me!

Yumo!!! The Chef taste testing his steaks!!!

my sweet girl, Hannah-Banana!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek!

Hugs,

24 comments:

daisy said...

yeah tara's back!!!!! i just tought about you this morning and asked myself when you would return hihi :o)

hugs
daisy

ps: glad you back!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOW...that's a busy week :)
and a fantastic time!!!
love your cards :) awesome

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Tara,

What a busy FUN filled week you have had! Your little ones are adorable!!! The picture of your daughter is amazingly beautiful!!

Okay your card is STUNNING!!! Love the colors and theimage is colored perfect!!

Have a great week, janny

Juls said...

love the basic grey papers you chose! they work so well with that Image! also love all the little pearl embelishments! just gorgeous!

Rach said...

hi Tara, love the pictures sweetie. and your card is adorable, so beautiful. hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Wow honey your card is truly delish, loving these paper, they are such yummy colours! Adore all the embellies that you have used too.

Oh love your pics, your kids are just the sweetest, you look like you all enjoyed yourselves, and how brave catching frogs....eeeeek!
Thanks for sharing your pics!

Hugs Tab xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

So gorgeous photos.
Hugs Riet.x

Liz Weber said...

Hi Tara, your card is a mini masterpiece - far out what you do with BG pp, stamped images and those pearls is just devine... Thanks for the inspiration.

So glad you and your gorgeous family had a wonderful time away - the photos are beautiful. I love Patricia Cornwell as well.

Kim said...

Oh my goodness hun what a FANTASTIC card! I love it!!! Your work is always so beautiful and stunning!!! Love it darling!!! Glad to hear you had better weather on this camping trip! Woo-Hoo! We are headed to Mackinaw Island (Michigan) on the 17th and I am hoping there is some good weather...we are taking our bikes along with us to do some biking! Miss you lots hun!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Tracey said...

So glad you had a great time. Your camping pictures are fabulous and I love that you brought Tilda along with you! :) Such a gorgeous card you have made here. Your talent amazes me! xx

Carolyn said...

Such a gorgeous card. I love the papers you chose. Amazing.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Jo Nevill said...

Hi ya Tara, so lovely to have you back ! So pleased to hear you had a good trip - it looks like you all had enormous fun.

I absolutely adore your card, its so bright and colourful and your attention to detail is second to none - what an amazing gal you are !

Thank's for such a fabby sketch to follow, I loved it and will keep that for future reference !

Hugs,

Jo x

Chris said...

Hi Sweetie, it's great to be back with the BG Challenges and your card is fantastic, such a sweet and beautifully coloured Tilda and those Lemonade papers are superb, love how you put the different patterns together. I loved your sketch, really enjoyed working with it, it's a goody! Looks like you had a great camping trip, gorgeous photo's, you all look so happy and having a good time, good memories for you all. Thank you for the little mention, so much appreciated. Hope you have a good week. Hugs, Chris xx

Heather said...

Fabulous sketch Tara - loved it and will certainly be using this one again.
Great to be back isn't it?
Love your card - gorgeous and that Tilda is so adorable (she might be my favourite if my stamps had arrived - think they're coming to me via outer space - lol).
Your piccies are fab - looks like you had the 'whale' of a time. I wanna a go on those trampoline thingies.
hugs Heather xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda and stunning sketch.
Looks like your family had a great time.
luv
Debby

Lilian said...

Your card is just adorable! Great sketch and will try to play in the BG challenge! Thanks for sharing your vacation photos! You all look you had a great time!

Patricia said...

I just love your style of making cards!

Paula said...

Welcome back. Your card is fantastic, what a beautiful colors.
love Paula.

Mel said...

Super sweet card. You have a lovely blog too ~ Mel

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful cards Tara, lovely colours.
It looks like you and your family had a wonderful holiday :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Ellen said...

Hi Tara,

Nice to have you back. Amazing card you've made. I like the colors, the stamp and the details. Thanks for sharing your vacation photos! You all look you had a great time!

Hugs and have e nice weekend,
Ellenxxx

Saskia said...

Wow!! Lovely card! Your lay-out is just great!! And very good news about the 'come-back' of Basic Grey!!! yippee!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Simone said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous!!! Love it!
Funny pictures!
Simone

Unknown said...

Tara this is gorgeous! I Love your layout and the bookmark idea....
--
Michell
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails