March 01, 2009

FS# 41 & Copic Colour Challenge # 2....Some Exciting News....Hello Holly!


Hey!!! I am so happy to play along with Friday Sketchers this week! It's been a few weeks since I've joined the fun that is FS and I was starting to get the shakes, lol! That is what happens when I don't get my FS fix,smile!!! I followed Kristine's awesome sketch and teamed this sketch up with the Copic Colour Challenge and I'm sooooo super psyched about this new challenge blog cuz I love my Copics. I had a blast playing along! What a fabulous colour combo this week :
B02 - Robin's Egg Blue
R05 - Salmon Red
YG23 - New Leaf

Now, I know I teased you bit with some exciting news! Can you guess what it is!? Yes, it is about a DT and yes, it has to do with lovely Holly from, Holly & Madison fame, featured on my card today!!!! Oh, Okay, I won't keep you waiting any longer!
YAY,!!! I have had one exciting weekend!!!! Karen and Louise asked me to be on the Dottie's World Challenge DT. Karen, the lovely owner of, Charmed Cards & Crafts sent me a very kind e-mail and asked if I would join the team! WOWZERS!!!! Well, I was so thrilled cuz Charmed Cards & Crafts is where you can get Dottie & George, Holly & Madison and Girls About Town images! All super fabulous printable digi-images! So, how could I not jump at this amazing opportunity!!!! Thanks Karen!

Well, I had to print some images ASAP and get colouring. I picked Holly in the Garden! I just love the Holly & Madison images! Of Course, I coloured her with my Copics and added a bit of Stickles for some bling-i-tude! You can never have enough bling...even while gardening,smile! I sponged around the image with my fave Metallic Rub-ons!
Today, I really worked my Colourless marker to lighten up spots and I didn't use any white acrylic paint for highlights, just for a change! I am quite happy with how it turned out and I hope to get some more fab tips when I attend the Copic Certification class in a few weeks! So Looking forward to it!!!

I made my card base 6X6 out some yummy Bazzill bling that I just picked up on Friday at the LSS and it was a perfect match to Salmon Red Copic, yay! I used the Daisey D's paper that I have had in my stash, forever (just love this paper) and I have the co-ordinating cardstock elements so I used the tag and the bracket! All the stitching is faux...used my Kelly Panacci Stitches stamps again and Tim Holtz Corduroy Brown Distress ink! Both sentiment stamps are Kelly Panacci stamps and I stamped them with Memento Rich Coco.
Here are all the colours that I used...not a great pic, I know, can't read all the names and I put them all away before I wrote the names down, darn! Won't do that again,smile!!!
Well, there you have it! Lots of excitement this weekend more than I can bare really,lol! Think I better go make a tea and try to pull myself together,he, he, he!
Thanks for stopping by and having a wee peek!
Hugs,

26 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh wow this is so pretty Tara!! I love the colors and those papers are gorgeous!! Also what a cute image ~ I will have to have a look!! Congrats on your DT spot!! Beautiful card and I love what you did with the sketch! :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

A very lovely card! Thankyou for joining in with our challenge this week, look forward to seeing you back for many more. Congrats on the DT also!

Deb M. said...

Beautiful card!! Fantastic coloring & details. Love it!! Congrats on the DT!! Enjoyed visiting your blog.

TFS...

Karen Mortensen said...

Another FANTASTIC card Tara, it's amazing!!
We are indeed so lucky to have you with us and you know how excited I am to have found you. Welcome to the team ♥♥♥

Nixe-Moni said...

OMG Tara, what a gorgeous card! Looks so wonderful with the great papers and details you´ve used. Your colouring of the cute image is just fantastic. Love your card! Congrats on the DT :)
Hugs
Moni

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Tara, what a gorgeous card hunny. I love this new image, the little girl looks fabulous! Also your colouring is perfect, i still need to practice with my copics, not quite got the hang of them still!! Love the papers you've chosen too, they go perfectly with the image. Hope you have a great week, hugs Linda x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Oooohhh what greatnews..congratulations. You must be soo chuffed. I love your image ..going to be looking out for more of these on your blog.Great colouring. I love your layout and all the fab details on your card, the tag, the flower! Wonderful work!
Judy xx

debra said...

Congrats on your DT spot and boy do you derserve it, i have just checked out your work and your blog and your cards are just amazing and a great inspiration for to everyone.
Debra xx

Tara said...

Fantastic card T, so bright and cheerful, lots of fun. Brilliant news on the DT spot, you so deserve this! xx

Anonymous said...

Beuatiful Card Tara. i love it when people take a picture of ALL the colours they have used, it amazes me that so many colours go into one image

Thank you for joining the Copics Colour Challenge

CraftyC said...

A fantastic card Tara, and congrats on your DT post!
Clairex

Georgia said...

I love this Tara! The sentiment is lovely and I really like the colours. :D
Love, Georgia xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love the image and the colouring is fabulous. Yummy papers also. Michele x

Naoual said...

This card is just Gorgeous Tara! I love it. Congrats on making it on the Design Team, you make gorgeous cards so you deserve it!

xx Naoual

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Tara,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

Chris said...

Oh Tara, I'm so happy for you, such brilliant news, big congrats from me. You'll be a great asset to the DW DT, they're very lucky to get you and I can't wait to see more of your wonderful cards. I'm grinning here from ear to ear, your excitement is contagious and so very sweet, just like you. Your card is stunning, I love the image, the gorgeous paper and colours, nice work with your blender pen. I look forward to hearing your tips from the copic course. I've been doing a bit of stamping for you which is why the card for your Birthday is so very embarrassingly late, so much so I know that it's almost for next year's birthday eek!!!! It will be winging it's away soon. Sorry I haven't been around commenting much this last couple of weeks and hopefully will be back on track soon, thanks so much for the lovely comments you've left for me and as you saw earlier, I even named an image after you, well you and my niece of course tee hee! Let us know when you've come back down to earth Sweetie LOL, take care, hugs, Chris xxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Tara, I'm back again! Just wanted to let you know that you are one of my favs'!! i have left an award for you on my blog!!!
Big hugs
Judy xx

Nicole Bailey said...

CONGrats on the new design team! You just make such beautiful cards...thanks for sharing them Tara!

Anki said...

Congratulations my friend to your new assignment! You make such wonderful cards so I am not surprised that they asked you. Wish you a wonderful week my friend. Kram - Anki

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Tara! She is coloured beautifully! Congrats on the DT!

Kim said...

Tara I am so excited for you hun! That's awesome news!!!!! CONGRATS on the DT position! That's wonderful news!!!!! And your card is so beautiful (like usual *wink wink*) I love your work! Congrats again!
big hugs~ Kim

Kelly Schelske said...

Congrats on the DT position!!

Gorgeous card, love the bright cheery colors, beautiful coloring, just gorgeous Tara!!

Hugs, Kelly

Sandra said...

Fabulous news Tara!! I'm thrilled for you. Not surprised one jot though... you are so talented they must have jumped for joy when you accepted.
You have started off the Dt with a cracker of a card too.
Hugs
Sandra xx
There is a little something on my blog for you

Anonymous said...

Fabulous news Tara, congratulations!
Your card is just gorgeous, love the cute image and all the details and colouring.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Thad Be Me said...

Hey Tara,

Been awhile..anyway..great card..got my own blog now as well.

See you soon.

Kristen..

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Tara how funky is this one !! love it , and your colouring is simply fabby
Love Susie xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails