March 21, 2009

Dottie's World Sunday Challenge...Twice as Nice by Adele...Time for a Mani-pedi, Cutie!!!


This week at Dottie's world Challenge blog, Adele, has set the challenge and it is.......
Twice as Nice!!!! "I want your creations to include two or more of the Charmed Download images, mix and match, resize, whatever you fancy but I need to see two images."

So, for my card I decided to use my Holly and Madison download images from Charmed Cards and Crafts! I am just loving the World Tour images designed by Louise! So, for this card you need to use your imagination a bit and pretend that Madison is really Holly,lol!!!!
I'm really getting sick of winter and being all bundled up! The other day I had one of those, "Note-to-Self-moments" and thought, I really should book an appointment with the Esthetician, ASAP! Once, spring is here and I shed my tuque, winter parka, and Ugs, God only knows, what is lurking underneath all the gear I have been wearing for the last 6 months, lol!!!! Yes, 6 months we have long winters here in Canda,smile!!!!
So, I cut a 6x6 cardbase from Bazzill Bling cardstock and used some Kelly Panacci pp that I have had in my stash for a while now! I stamped a Fancy Pants flourish stamp on the pp with chalk ink!

I printed Madison in the Mountains and Holly on the Beach. I resized Holly to make her a little smaller and printed her on Georgia Pacific paper that I had cut into a thought bubble shape on my Silhouette! So, this is where you have to use your imagination and pretend Madison is really Holly with her hair tucked up under her tuque and she is envisioning herself at the beach!!!!

I coloured both images with my Copics and used a little Metallic Rub-ons around Holly on the thought bubble! The sentiment is computer generated and I inked the edges and added lots of Glamour Dust. I just discovered Glamour Dust recently and love it!!! Unfortunately, it doesn't really show up to well!
So, there you have it! Now, I really need to go give, Meridith, my Esthetician, a call and see if she can pencil me in for a Mani-Pedi,lol!
Hope you have a great week and hope that you can join us at Dottie's World Challenge and make your creation Twice as Nice! Thanks for stopping by and having a wee look!

Hugs,

21 comments:

Naoual said...

Oh, this card is brill!! Love how you used the two images, so clever! Great job.

xx Naoual

Karen Mortensen said...

What do I love about this card? EVERYTHING!! The idea, the paper, the colours, the sentiment, the colouring - it's all just fabulous! Well done Tara ♥♥

xxx

having a {me} day said...

I love the though bubble ... great idea! Love the bright colours too. katxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Go girl! this is a fabulous card! Such a clever idea and so fabulously put together. we too have long winters in the NE of Scotland..so I'm with you!! Takes a lot to bare my milky white legs!! Have a great day!
Judy xx

Tracey said...

Love this card Tara! WHat a fantastic idea!! xx

Tara said...

Brilliant card T, it's so much fun and the sentiment is brilliant!
We're getting the first signs of Spring here, but you know the UK.... nothing but rain usually! xx

Kim said...

Tara this is AWESOME! I love what you did with the challenge! What a great idea! You are so talented!!!!! I am feeling the same way you are....our winters in Wisconsin are very similar to yours in Canada!!!! I am ready for summer...bring on the heat!!!! ha ha! Hope you have a fabulous Sunday hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Riet said...

wowww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh Tara, it's fabulous!! Gorgeous colors and love the scene!!

Hugs, Kelly

Louly said...

Well Tara, I have no idea what an Esthetician or a Mani-Pedi are but I have a feeling I probably need them too! LOL.
This card is cracking and until you said I wouldn't have even thought about the two images being different people and I drew them! ROFL.

Anonymous said...

this is really a brilliant card, wow. Great layout and colours. So beautiful.

Adele said...

Gorgeous Tara, love the colour combinations and detail-just perfect!

Hugs Dingle.xx

Nicole Bailey said...

OMG Tara! That is so clever and so adorable!
Love the colors and the papers are so yummy, and of course you know I LOVE your coloring!

Georgia said...

I love this card! It's so sassy and chic! I love the colours.
Love, Georgia xx

Nicole Bailey said...

LOVE I TARA!
You are so clever! I'm still trying to think of a clever way to use Madison and Holly!
Love the colors, your coloring and the papers!
TFS>

Unknown said...

This is sooo fun! Love the thought bubble and your fabulous coloring. i SOOOO want some summer. It was great meeting you today Tara! Hope you enjoyed the class as much as I.

Kerry Johnson said...

This is gorgeous Tara!! I had a great time today and enjoyed meeting you and colouring with you! I will definitely be back to your blog!!

Anonymous said...

I had to take a peek after meeting you yesterday, your cards are beautiful!!!! so nice to meet you!

Bev said...

Oh wow!! What a fabuluos card honey - love those adorable images that you have coloured to perfection!! Stunning! x

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow Tara, what a stunning card. Love the great papers and the cute images. Your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs
Moni

Kathy said...

Haha that is so cute Tara!! I love this!! It is what I have been thinking lately (LOL)! Beautiful colors and papers! Love your work with these images!! I hope you have a fabulous week-end :)Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails