March 15, 2009

CCT #43....Spring, Flutter, blossom, twirl, grow...Celebration!


Happy Blogaversary Cute Card Thursday!!!!! If my memory serves me well, my very first venture into the whole challenge blog scene was with Cute Card Thursday!!!! It was so much fun that I have become quite addicted to blog challenges!!! CCT is still one of my all time favourite challenge blogs! They always have great challenges, the DT is fabulous and I'm always so inspired to join in and make a cute card!!!!

Well, I couldn't pass up this week's challenge to make a celebration card with Katharina's fabulous sketch! She is, undeniably, the the Queen of the sketch pad, that is for sure! Her sketches are always so fabulous to work with and versatile too! This one is no exception...I just loved it and will definitely use it again!

Well, when I saw this scrumptious, yummy, deliciously adorable, Imaginisce Twitterpated paper the wheels started turning so I snatched it up! I knew I wanted to use this WOJ image, Willow with Sun Hat and Easter basket! I cut the tag and mat on my Silhouette and stamped Willow with Memento Black Tuxedo ink and then masked her and stamped the basket! I coloured the image with Copics and Twinkling H2Os and then sponged around edges with Metallic Rub-Ons and added the Melissa Frances rub-on for the sentiment!

I made the card base 6X6 from white Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock and cut the Imaginisce paper into a circle with my Nesties and cut the frame with the Nesties too! I used American Craft ribbon and a few QK flourishes and rhinestones for embellies but the thing that I'm so super duper happy with are two new products that I just got and love!!!!

First, Nicky, from Stamping Bella, told be about Glamour Dust and now I am totally addicted!!! This stuff is so super fabulous and sparkly! I just use my Sakura Quickie glue pen and then sprinkle the glamour dust on...FAB-U-LOUS! Thanks Nicky!!!! *Wave*!!! Then I picked up some of the new QK Adhesive Materials! I used my QK butterfly dies to cut the clear plastic Adhesive Material sheet and then I Glamour Dusted them...YAY!!!!! The glamour dust stuck to the adhesive backing of the clear plastic material! There is so many possibilities for both glamour dust and the different Qk Adhesive Materials! The only bummer with the QK materials is that its not for use with the Silhouette, which I was sooooo hoping it would be, but I still love it and looking forward to playing with it some more!

Here you can see the middle part of the butterfly die is the QK Clear Plastic Adhesive Material and it is all sparkly with Glamour Dust!!!!

So there you have it!!! I am quite happy with this card and it was a ton of fun to make!!!!

Happy Blogaversary Cute Card Thursday...wishing you many many more happy challenges!!!!

Hugs,

19 comments:

Riet said...

ohhh wowww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx
zo mooi....

Deb said...

this is beautiful Tara, love the pretty colours and the fabulous swirls!
Many thanks for joining in the birthday challenge, have a great sunday, hugs Debx

Tracey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tara! Love the colours! Your cards always amaze me!! xx

Marja Sch said...

Wow Tara this is absolutly gorgeous. So much wonderful details put together in a wonderful way. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Marja

sandra_w said...

Woww! This is Beautiful, Tara!!

Hugs,
San

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Very nice your card.
Bye Mascha

Tab said...

Ooooooh scrummy card, my sweet! Love the image and all the gorge butterflies! I'm liking that delish paper too. Stunning colouring as always!
Hugs Tab xxx

Chris said...

Utter gorgeousness my friend, and a fitting celebration card for CCT, it was the first challenge I have entered too and I didn't have a blog then either, so entered by email! I had this twitterpated paper in my hand yesterday, why didn't I get 'cos look what you've done with it, really beautiful and perfect with your lovely and beautifully coloured WOJ girle. I agree about glamour dust, it's lush but you end up wearing for days! Thanks for the tip re the QK materials, will have to have a look for those too, I love the fact that they's self adhesive. Good luck in the challenge sweetie. Hugs, Chris xx

Nicole Bailey said...

Beautiful...stunning beautiful actually. :O)
Love all the little details....you have got to be THE queen on details Tara!
Love your coloring too...you're such an inspiration!

Tara said...

Wowee T, what a pretty card. I love all that sparkle, it really adds something special. Fantastic colouring as always my friend! xx

Bente said...

Lovely card from you again - great coloring, details and papers. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my blog - I really appreciate them!! Hugs, Bente

Rosanne said...

What a gorgeous card!

Thanks for the vey kind comments on my blog.

I used to live out your way in Courtice!

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautif card, lovely spring colors, love the basket!!

Hugs, K

Anonymous said...

your card is so beautiful, great colours and colouring, so lovely details. Wonderful.

Annika said...

I've been stalking your blog for a while now. Your creations are amazing, what a talent you have!

Once again I find your card just such a joy to look at, everything is in perfect balance!

Mrs Wonka said...

A work of art! Love it!

I also love your taste in music, I often just pop by for a listen!!!

Mrs W x

debby4000 said...

On my goodness this is gorgeous, what lovely colours and stunning WOJ.

Cardmaking Galore said...

so so colourful. Love all the details on your card especially the chipboard

Kim said...

Another amazing card from you! I love it! So colorful and springy! I hope the warm weather is here to stay soon! We got snow last night and now it's like 60 degrees here today! Weird!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails