January 10, 2009

BasicGrey Challenges # 17....It's a Love Story!!!

Wow!!! I can't believe it is Saturday already! Not sure where this week got to but I've just been trying to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. Well, you know what Saturday means, right!? That's right! Yay, another fun challenge over at the BasicGrey Challenges blog!!!
This is week 17 and the challenge is to use chipboard!!! So, I hope that you are ready to pull out that chipboard (or cardboard if you don't have any chipboard) that you've had in you stash and get the creative juices flowing, smile!!!

Chipboard is such a versatile product and really lends itself to so many different techniques. I thought I would list a few ideas here just in case you are a little unsure of what you can do with it!
-just leave it undressed/naked (this is a very trendy way to use chipboard right now)
-paint it
-crackle paint it and then use brown ink in the cracks for an aged look
-ink it (chalk inks give a really nice effect. Almost like a suede finish and are really an easy and quick way to cover it)
-stamp it (with flourishes, flowers or any background stamp)
-cover it with patterned paper or cardstock and sand and/or ink the edges (the BasicGrey sanding tool kit is perfect for this as it comes with different sized files to get into the tight spots)
-add a little shine to your chipboard by applying a coat of glossy accents or crystal effects over the top of your creation
-add a little or a lot of glitter
-combine several of the above techniques
These are just a few of the things you can do to dress up your plain chipboard but really the possibilities are endless! There are so many chipboard products available now and many of them already come "dressed"! All you have to do is stick them down...now how easy is that, smile!
This card was inspired by my new fav song that they've been playing on the radio "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. So, I decided that I would use the WOJ image "Melinda reading book". I stamped the image on Georgia Pacific cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured it in with my Copics and Twinkling H2Os. I cut and embossed the image using the Large Label Nesties. Then I used my Metallic rub-ons around the edges of the image to enhance the embossing.
I made the card base 6x6 from some Bazzill Basics brown cardstock and used BasicGrey Sugared paper from a 6X6 paper pad. I found theses chipboard flowers in my stash and thought the petals had a heart shape that would tie in nicely to the "Love Story" theme for this card. They also happen to look very similar to the shape of the flowers found in the pattern paper. I covered the chipboard with the solid BG paper and sanded the edges leaving the white core of the paper showing. The chipboard photo corner came in a Making Memories embellishment set and didn't match, so, I covered it the same as the flowers.
So, Now it's your turn! Go dig through you stash and get that chipboard out and show us what you come up with!!!
Thanks for stopping by and having a wee look-see!
Hugs,

21 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous. Love the way you've coloured in Melinda. Also the papers you've used are fab. Love the flower. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Michele x

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card and fab stamp!
Clairex

Rach said...

such a beautiful card Tara, gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Wowee, how fab is your card?! Utterly divine papers and image, and I just adore the chipboard too. All in all, fabulaous darling!
Hugs Tab xxx

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card Tara, beautiful papers and wonderful use of chipboard! I have a fabulous award for you on my blog, have a great weekend Hugs Kim x

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous again Tara, I love it. The chipboard flower is fantastic and I must look into those BG files for tight spots !

Take care and hugs,

Jo x

Tara said...

Hey T, your DT card is a beauty, it's such fun isn't it? I love what you've done with your card, it looks so pretty! Thanks so much for all the tips on how to use chipboard too, that is just so useful!
No sign of Mr Postie yet, hope he hasn't gotten too lost!!! xxx

sandra_w said...

Such a lovely card!

Sandra x

Sharon said...

This is simply gorgeous Tara. You've coloured Melinda beautifully and the colour scheme you used is fab.

Powerful Search Engine said...

Tara this is so amazing. I love the chipboard embellishment and your colouring is out of this world! Pascale :)

Kim said...

Tara I absolutely LOVE your card...and your inspiration by "Love Song" is AWESOME! That is my ultimate FAVORITE song on the radio right now too! I am a huge Taylor Swift fan! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Another beautiful card! I love this image and the BG papers are lovely.(Mental note: must get this range!!)Great use of chipbaord and thanks for all the tips on how to 'dress' it!
Judy x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Tara!! The colors are just gorgeous and love the whole theme of your card!! Great chipboard as well. I hope I find time to play!! Have a great week-end :)Kathy

Juliet said...

Hi Tara,
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Your work is stunning! I really enjoy taking part in the BG Challenges.
Juliet xx

maxine said...

Fantastic card, I love the design, layout and colours.

Anki said...

So glad to see that you're back! Love it my friend! Kramisar - Anki

Chris said...

Totally stunning Tara! Your Melinda colouring is superb and I love what you've done with your chipboard flowers and the song title as the sentiment. Thanks so much for all those tips on using chipboard which are going to be so useful to me now that I'm hooked on it after this challenge. Have a great weekend. Chris x

Lexxie said...

Really inspirational. Love the chipboard, it really adds dimension. Gorgeous card,
Sarita xx

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the chipboard flowers and the papers are lush! Jillix

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this!! Gorgeous papers, beautiful image and love Taylor Swift!!

Heather said...

Awesome card Tara. Love the colours and layout. Melinda is coloured beautifully and I love the chipboard flowers and the way you've tied them with the ribbon.
hugs Heather xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails