October 12, 2008

WOJ Challenge # 3 and CCT Challenge # 31...Charlotte & Buttons!!!

Well, last week I had such high hopes to do several cards for the various challenges that I love to participate in but things didn't turn out how I had hoped. I had such a busy week at work and we are under construction here at my house! Hubby has been interlocking our driveway, the walkway to the front of the house and around to the backyard and the patio. It is a huge job and we have kinda bitten of more that we can chew with this DIY job.
He is doing such a fabulous job though and it is such backbreaking work...poor guy! He is so exhausted but he is almost done and he should be very proud of his work. It looks beautiful!!!

Well, I think I might have better luck this weekend partaking in the various challenges. This weekend is the Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada. So, I will have some extra time for stamping fun in between helping hubby with the interlocking and eating turkey, smile!!!

For this card I combined two challenges in one. It is such a great way to try to participate in all the fabulous challenges out there in the blogosphere. I just loved the sketch for this week's WOJ Challenge and I decided to combine it with this week's challenge at, Cute Card Thursday Challenge, to use Buttons & Bows!

My friend, Kimmie, at Kraftin' Kimmie's Korner, once blogged about how she loves to give her stampin' characters names and she christened Charlie's dog, Chester, very fitting I thought. Well, When I was making this cards I started calling Charlotte's kitty friend Buttons...cute huh?!

So, I stamped Winter Charlotte on Georgia Pacific paper with my new Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and coloured her and Buttons,smile in with my Copic markers. I added some crystal Stickle to her muff, furry boots and the pom-pom on her tuque. (Wondering what a tuque is, well that is Canadian speak for a knitted winter hat usually with a pom-pom on it! smile)

For this card I made the base 6X6 out of some reddish/hot pink (not sure what the colour is really) Bazzill Bling cardstock. I went through my stash and found this old American Craft paper. I love AC paper and I have horded a ton if it over the years so this put a very small dent in my stash. I combined it with some new Christmas/winter AC ribbon that I got at Michaels. I kinda deviated a bit from the sketch and moved the flowers to the upper right corner (I hope that is ok) but it worked out better that way for me, smile. I added a a few smaller Prima flowers and put some buttons here and there. I must say my bow looks rather pathetic...I am so bad a tying bows...uuuggh...all thumbs I tell ya! Buttons has a much cuter bow tied around her neck so maybe that will count towards the challenge, smile. The sentiment is a Studio G stamp that I picked up at Michaels and I traced over it with my Sakura Startdust pen to add just a little more sparkle!

Well, there you have it!!! Now I have to get back to my scrapbooking/stamping room and make a few more cards.

Be sure to come back on Tuesday, as, Kimmie and I will be posting this months challenge and I have a few other cards to share too. I made them for a demo that I did yesterday at the Scrapbook Academy on colouring with Distress inks. It was great fun and I met several lovely and talented ladies...*hands waving*!!! I think I have got some more ladies hooked on stamping and colouring in their stamps with distress inks, smile!!!

Thanks for stopping by and having a wee look-see...Oh and Happy Turkey day to all my fellow craftin' Canucks!!!



10 comments:

Anki said...

Hope you are enjoying Turkey day:-) Lovely card and colouring as always. Kram - Anki

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the papers and colours. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

V Colbourne said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! And this card is just gorgeous!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the soft colours

hugs Tracey xxx

RubyMay said...

I hope you enjoyed your turkey !
Your card is so lovely...gorgeous x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the image is so cute.

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear I love it. Thank you for joining us this week

Rach said...

Hi Tara,
you have certainly made a beautiful card here, love the gorgeous papers and colours that you have combined..wonderful.xx

Tara said...

Hi Tara,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm so glad you did as now I've discovered your wonderful creations. I would love to add your name to my blog roll if that's okay? Your WOJ challenge card is stunning and I love your use of pastel colours, perfect for Christmas cards I think.
Also, it's great to meet a fellow Tara, there aren't many of us about, well not in the UK anyway.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Tara xxx

Heather Huggins said...

Oh!! This is fabulous... I love the colors you picked...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails