October 05, 2008

WOJ Challenge # 2....Believe!!!

Well, my house is clean and I got all my errands done yesterday. So, I finally settled in to do some stamping and play along with my favourite stamping challenges. The WOJ challenge was top on my "to do" list and I was super psyched to ink up my new WOJ rubber that I ordered from ATS. I had a good idea of what I wanted to do for this card but I need to check out the deets for this weeks challenge first. Well, when I saw that it was "stitching" I was more than a little befuddled,lol!! Ya see, me and my sewing machine aren't on speaking terms, lol!!! I so don't sew...my hubby does, though! He even made our kitchen balloon valences, pretty good ,eh?! But he has gone to his hockey pool for the day...so what is a girl to do!?
Well, I thought I would have to go the faux route and pulled out some DCWV rub-on stitches that I had in my stash.

I am not sure that I really like how the card turned out. I think the black stitching is too dark but I was afraid that the white wouldn't show up very well.

The card base is a 6X6 piece of black Core'dinations cardstock (love Core'dinations cardstock even if I don't sand it, tear it or distress it...it is still fabulous). I used some new patterned paper, Boule de Neige Collection, from Harmonie and matted it on some green Core'dinations cardstock and applied the stitching rub-ons around the edges.

I stamped Willow with Lantern on Georgia Pacific paper with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her in with my Copics markers. Then I added a few highlights with some white acrylic paint and added some sparkle with my Sakura stardust pen. Then I cut around the image leaving a small border. I also, stamped Winter Night from Rosewood stamps on Georgia Pacific paper with Archival Brilliance Black Graphite ink and added some Crystal Stickles. I matted the Winter Night image with some salmon pink Core'dinations cardstock and tied some coordinating Harmonie Ribbon around it.

I used my new Imaginisce "Snag'em" stamp set called "Believe". I stamped the sentiment "Believe" on a scrap of Georgia Pacific paper with black Staz-on ink. Gotta love these cute stamps I have picked up a few of the different Christmas/Winter sets and for $1.50, ya just can't go wrong! Then, I added a little more Crystal Stickles here and there and decided to put a few of my new small pink BellaBaubles in the centre of the snowflakes on the pp.

This card is starting to grow on me but I"m still not too keen on the faux stitching. Thinkin' I need to get hubby to show me how to work the sewing machine, smile!!!

Thanks for stopping by and havin' a wee look-see!!!


18 comments:

Rach said...

Tara your card is beautiful. love everything about it. hugs Rachxx

Brocéliane said...

wow your card is sumptuous:) and all your other creations:)

So I will put your blog in my favourite:)

Clotilde

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my goodness, Tara, this card is absolutley beautiful!!

Maya said...

Awww this is gorgeous!
Love all about it!!

Hugs from Maya :)

Murielle said...

Great card, Tara! love the papers and colours you have used. All the details are great too. Love also your colouring.
I love your idea!
Hugs, Mumur

cats whiskers said...

Tara this is a fabulous card, love the colours and the black and white image as background, beautiful
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicole Bailey said...

I LOVE it!
Very pretty-love the black and whit backgroud stamp-very stunning. :O)

Ila said...

I love how this card turned out!! Absolutley Beautiful!!..I love the colors, coloring, scene in the background..bling...and on and on...Totally Amazing!!..Hugs, Ila

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow Tara this card is amazing ,so gorgeous ,Dawnxx

Donalda said...

This is just breathe taking dear. I so love your paper and your coloring. Thanks for joining us this week

Kathy said...

Beautiful card!! Love that background stamp ~ looks fab with this image!! Your colors and coloring are fantastic!! Very pretty :)Kathy

Cathy said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the background image, and you have coloured your WOJ beautifully.
Cathy xx

Anonymous said...

Sensational card Tara...love the background image and your colouring is awesome!
Hugs
Carole L-)

Heather Huggins said...

Fabulous!!! So very pretty.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A beautiful card!! The black stitching makes a perfect frame for it ♥ ♥

Leslie said...

I love this card, I love your blog, I am bummed I missed your blog candy!!! You have a great blog and wonderful creations! I loved your girlfriend card and the Christmas WOJ card is so elegant. Keep creating, can't wait to see what you come up with next!!!
Leslie

Becca said...

Rosewood seems to be one of my faves lately for scenery. I love your card, it is so elegant.

Murielle said...

OH.....Tara, your card is stunning!!!!!
I love your creation.
Great scene!!!
Hugs from France
Mumur

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails