September 28, 2008

Seek and Learn Edwin...Tilda & Co. Challenge!!

Today, I thought I would take Jacqui up on her suggestion to pop on over to Tilda & Co. and check out this week's wonderful sketch and DT cards.!!!Jacqui and the other DT members all have beautiful cards on display (go check it out for yourself) but I was especially inspired by Aija's card. So, I went and visited her blog,WOW!!! All her cards are absolutely stunning!!! So, right in to my blog list her ULR went. I will definitely be back to see more of her fabulous creations and breathtaking colouring!!!
I hardly ever use my Edwin stamps even though I love him just as much as I love Tilda, giggle! Well, I've been muling over some ideas for a card for Kieran's teacher. Kieran is in grade 2 now and he has been struggling with learning to read and spell. His teacher has been wonderfully supportive so I want to thank her for all her help, encouragement and thoughtfulness and I think this card will do just that!
For this card, I cut a 6x6 base from Kraft cardstock and used my BasicGrey 6x6 pad of Archaic pp. I don't have oval Nesties, yet! So, I cut the oval and scalloped oval mat on my QK Silhouette. I Also, cut the QK digital download apple border out of a scrap of green Bazzill Basic cardstock and trimmed it to fit inside the oval. I inked all the edges with my chestnut roan cats eyes ink and Tim Holtz distress ink, Corduroy Brown, with the inking applicator. I pop dotted one little apple for some added dimension and I cut the photo cornors with a 2x2 Qk die.
I stamped Edwin with spectacles (not sure of his real name) on Georgia Pacific cardstock with my new Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured Edwin in with my Copics. I added some white highlights with my MM Spotlight white acrylic paint and a fine tip brush and then added a bit of sparkle here and there with my Sakura Startdust pen. I also, went over his specs with the Sakura clear glaze pen.
I added the strip of measuring tape twill to the bottom as per the sketch but I decided against making a bow. I wanted to keep the card more masculine and I thought it would look odd with the measuring tape tied into a bow...hope that is ok. I added a few mini buttons by the number 2 to denote that Kieran is in grade 2 this year. Finally, I stamped the Autumn Leaves ticket stamps out on some of the BG pp and punched it out with my ticket punch and inked the edges.

So, I will add an inside sentiment thanking Mrs. Evans for her all her support, patients and encouragement of Kieran. It is such a relief knowing he has a fabulous teacher this year and together we can help Kieran get through this little bump in the road to learning!!!

Oh, don't forget to check out my blog candy!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Rach said...

Tara this card is fantastic. such a wonderful idea and just perfect for the teacher.
I only used copics on the image no twinkling h2os..
thanks for all your kind comments.
and i have to agree with you Aija's blog is sensational..hugs rachxx

Nicole Bailey said...

Wow! You did such an awesome job!
I love all the highlighting.

Tracey said...

Fantastic card, I love everything about it

Tracey xx

Sue said...

this is adorable...i love it:)

sue
xx

Sylvia Blum said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Cathy said...

This is fantastic.I love the apples and tape measure.
Cathy xx

Mona_63 said...

fantastic!
wonderful!
WoW! :)

Anonymous said...

wow, what a lovely card!

Cecilia said...

This is wonderful card!

Hugs, Tiina

Sandra said...

Hi,gorgeous card,love Edwin in his specs and you have coloured him perfectly...and the twill tape measure at the bottom finishes the card off beautifully,such a brilliant card for a teacher...well done,
Take care
Sandra x

bumblebee creations said...

Love the card!! I love the little ticket stubs-how cute! Kinda like the catchy tune as well...TFS!!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow that is really lovely. Kimx

Gina said...

gorgeous card, love the image and the layout you have used
Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

So lovely !!! J'adore le ruban mètre en bas!!! Excellent

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails