August 04, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect....& Friday Sketchers # 13 & 12!!!

Warning! This is a Long Post.
Well, I have had a very busy long weekend mostly spent in my scrapbooking room or in front of the computer. I did manage to get out of the house a few times. I visited with friends, at The Scrapbook Academy Friday night, for the free crop and made a few other trips out, over the weekend, to do a little shopping too, smile!!

This weekend, I decided that I would spend some time practicing my colouring technique with my Copic markers, you know what they say, practice makes perfect!!! I also, revisited my old love of colouring with Distress inks (although I wasn't very good at it) and to give the Prismacolor pencils and OMS another shot...uuugghhh!!! I also planned on cleaning my house but I didn't get around to it, oh well, lol!!!

First, I reviewed Ila's Prismacolour pencils and OMS colouring tutorial and tried colouring in several images but honestly they all ended up in the garbage. I just can't get the same fabulous results that Ila or Inge get. I just don't think I have what it takes to work with this medium...uugghhh!!!

Then I moved on to the Distress inks...I found a fabulous tutorial by Marlene on her blog, A lil' bit of Me, on colouring with Distress inks. Marlene's tutorial is excellent and she is one very talented lady, wow!!! I will definitely be visiting her blog again!!! I picked up great tips from her tutorial and really enjoyed water colouring again...It is soooo relaxing....I really need to do more of it!

And, last but not least, I thought I would review a few Copic tutorials. A while back, I found a series of great video tutorials on Elyssa Tanenbaum's blog (I just love the name of her blog, too cute)! Then I found Sherrie's blog and she has a few really good video tutorials too and, of course, I referred to Claudia Rosa's blog where she has posted fabulous tips and tutorials on colouring with Copic markers....she is a wonderful resource!

I hope you aren't bored with my ramblings but I thought you might like a quick reference to check out theses great tutorials too!!!!

Now, do you wanna see what I made, smile!!!!! This card follows sketch #13 on Friday Sketchers Challenge. This week's fabulous sketch is by a fellow Canuck, Kimmie, from Krafin Kimmie's Kornor! I visit her blog everyday, sometimes several times a day, so, I basically stock her blog, there, I admit it,lol! I really admire her talent and dedication to her craft and she is a real master with the Copic markers too!!!

For this card I used some of my new Magnolia stamps. I just got the sun and the birds and I really love them. I used BG Boxer pp and Bazzill basics cardstock. I stamped Tilda with lace skirt and coloured her in with my Copic markers, trying to apply what I learned. I also, attempted to add in a coloured background with chalk. I added lots of stickles and a sentiment from one of my MFT sets. I also, used my new square Nestibilites and I finally have the tan embossing mat, YAY!!!

Last weekend, I was camping and didn't make a card in time for Sketch # 12, for Friday Sketchers. So, I did it this weekend. I am pretty happy with how it turned out ( even though it is a little different from the sketch). I have been using a lot BG 6X6 pp pads on my cards they are so perfect for card making, I just love them!!! For this card I used Two Scoops, a scrap of Fancy Pants pp and some Core-Dinations cardstock that I roughed up with my Tim Hotz Distress tool. The paper flowers are from the dollar store and I added a little crystal stickels. I love this image of Tilda bearing gifts (can't remember her real name right now) and I love the little bottles of bubbly chillin' in the ice bucket!!!

Well, I have two more cards to post but I think I have rambled on loooong enough!! You are all probably bored to tears by now, right?! So, I will save them for another day!!!

Thanks for having a wee look-see!!! I love it when I get comments, so be sure to let me know what you think of my cards or if my links are of any interest.

Thanks for stopping by,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing cards Tara.. a very productive weekend indeed!
Thanks for the mention of my tutorial, so glad you enjoyed it :)

Love the way you've done your colouring with the copics.. that is one medium I still have to practise with.. so thanks very much for the links to those tutorials :)
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs, Marlene xx

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH Tara!! these are simply stunning!! You're going to have to teach me a thing or two!! The top one is fabulous and you did a great job with my sketch! And the second one is just as awesome...I love the soft feel to it!! You rock, girlie!!

Ila said...

Gorgeous coloring and papers on both these cards!! You are sure fantastic with those copics...makes me want to try them too!!...Hugs, Ila

Becca said...

Just lovely...these cards are wonderful. Great techniques. I love Core-dinations too.
I saw your lovely layout and cards at the Academy. Just gorgeous. The MFT card is amazing and the Disney LO wonderful.
Bela

Bev said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous cards. The colouring is amazing

Anonymous said...

These cards are just so amazing and too adorable. Love it!!!

Rach said...

Tara your cards are amazing, your colouring has so much detail and depth...Thank you for the links to the copic tutorials as i have only just bought this medium and am very much in the learning stage....every little helps....Hugs RAchxx

Anonymous said...

WOW Tara, two beautiful cards and your colouring is fantastic! Must check out some of those tutorials. Thanks for joining in fs again.
Carole ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails