April 30, 2008

MFT: Happy Mother's Day!



So, I made my Mom a Mother's Day card with my new MFT Happy Mother's Day stamp set. I am glad I was able to make this card because I don't think I will get any stamping done this weekend,frown! We have a lot of packing and organizing to do for our trip to "Mickey land",BIG SMILE!!!! (that is what we affectionately call Disney World around here..Hannah started calling it that when she was wee and it stuck!) I used last week's Papertake Chellenge sketch by Katharina. Unfortunately, I didn't make the deadline to enter the challenge, that's ok, it was such a great sketch that I had to use it anyway! I am very happy with how this card turned out and I think my Mom is going to really like it too! I just might have to make a few more for some special friends who are great Moms!!!

So, for this card I wanted to use pp with my mom's favourite colours in it and the BG Sugared 6X6 paper pad was perfect!!! I coloured the stamped image in with my Copic markers and added some Ranger's Liquid Pearls and Sakura stardust pen to the flowers and the leaves. The square scalloped mat was cut on my Silhouette from a GSD file I downloaded for Kreation's by Katie. She has some great GSD files. So, if you own a Silhouette or another digital cutter, I suggest checking out her site! I also downloaded some of her mesh GSD files and can't wait to use them on a card! I ran the Burgundy Bazzill cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the "Thank You" embossing folder and inked it a touch. The sentiment is from the MFT Happy Mother's Day set too and I finished the card off with some American Craft ribbon and few Prima flowers.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful card- I have yet to get into these headless women but you did a great job. I am going to email you, I think I tried over the w/e and it must not have worked. Thanks!
Heidi
steinrn@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

hey tara!
nice card you've made!
I put you're blog on my blogroll, hope you don't mind.
best wishes sam

Anonymous said...

Oh this is a wonderful card, love it!

Anonymous said...

have a nice weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails